Abt Associates Massive Job Recruitment For Information, Education and Communication Assistants (24 Positions), Application Details
Abt. Associates Inc., a US based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded VectorLink Project, Ghana. IRS as a component of VectorLink Project has been implemented in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
Currently, Abt Associates is implementing Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) in Seven selected districts in the Northern region: Kumbungu, West Mamprusi, East Mamprusi, Mamprugu/Moagduri, Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo, Karaga, Gushegu, districts.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions as Information, Education and Communication Assistants (24 positions) at each of the following operational sites/ sub-district:
DISTRICT – OPERATIONAL SITES
Kumbungu – Kumbungu and Dalun
West Mamprusi – Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga
Mamprugu-Moagduri – Mamprugu-Moagduri
East Mamprusi – Gambaga, Langbensi, Sakogu and Gbintiri
Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo – Nakpanduri, Nasuan, Yunyoo, Binde, Bunkpurugu
Karaga – Karaga and Pishigu
Gushegu – Gushegu, Galwei and Nabuli
Because successful candidates will be based in a specific operational site/ sub-district, it is an advantage for a candidate to be resident in any of the above mentioned sites/ sub-district. Successful candidates will be contracted for not more than 4 months. He/ she will report to the District Operations Coordinator/ IEC Coordinator.
Responsibilities of the IEC Assistant
• Spearhead the design and implementation of community-based outreach programs and communication strategies to ensure that ALL communities in the operational site/ sub-district are reached with IRS messaging.
• Manage and coordinate community mobilization and education activities to promote understanding and acceptance of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) as one of the key malaria control interventions conducted jointly by the GHS and PMI/USAID.
• Liaise with the District Operations Coordinator to engage key stakeholders in the sub-district in IRS activities to enable them fully participate in the implementation of IRS.
• Monitor /supervise the activities of community IEC Mobilizers in the sub-district during the implementation of IRS.
• Liaise with communication agencies/ organizations/ Ghana Health Service Officials/ District Assembly Staff, Community Leadership and Influential Persons who will assist with community mobilization efforts for a successful spray campaign.
• Facilitate trainings for IEC Mobilizers/ Spray Program Advocates.
• Provide weekly reports on IEC activities in the sub-district to the District Operations Coordinator (DOC)
• Perform other duties as assigned by the DOC/ IEC Coordinator.
Qualification Required & Experience
Requirements for of IEC Assistant position
• Minimum of a Diploma in Community Development Studies, Communication or relevant field with at least two (2) years relevant working experience.
• Additional professional training in participatory approaches and community mobilization is preferable.
• Good experience working with communities and local leaders, sensitizing and mobilizing communities.
• Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Strong computer skills
• Proficiency in English and one or more of Northern Ghanaian Languages peculiar to the District /Sub-district (Mampruli, Dagbani Moara and Kokomba dialects).
• Previous work on IRS activities will be an advantage.
• Being a native/ resident in any of the operational site/ sub-district will be an advantage.
• VERY GOOD knowledge and understanding of the geographical layout (especially of the chosen operational site/ sub-district) is key to this position.
• MUST be able to ride a motorbike and have a motor license.
Location: Kumbungu, West Mamprusi, Mamprugu-Moagduri, East Mamprusi, Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo, Karaga and Gushegu
How To Apply For The Job
• Please look through the above mentioned operational sites/ sub-districts and select any one where you wish to be considered for the position of an IEC Assistant and state this in your application letter.
• Application letters that do not have specific sites/ sub-districts stated will not be considered.
You can send your application letter and CV to the following addresses:
1. Deliver your application by hand to the Abt Associates Inc. Office building located near VSO office, off the SSNIT Road Junction, Kalpohine Estates, Tamale.
2. Submit your application to the Security Guards at the District or Sub-district office of the PMI VectorLink Project in the aforementioned sites/ sub-districts.
3. Send your applications to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position and district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered)
Closing Date: 22 December, 2017
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More