AECOM Ghana Recruitment 2017 | AECOM Job Vacancies 2017 – See Application, Eligibility, Requirements and other guidelines below.
AECOM Jobs, AECOM Recruitment, AECOM Careers, AECOM Vacancies 2017/2018
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets
around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world,
AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our
global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and
Job Title: Safety and Environmental Inspector
The SHE Inspector reports to the AECOM Safety Manager.
The Safety Inspector will support all the dredging, reclamation, breakwater quay wall and all other construction activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Safety Inspector is responsible for actively addressing Safety and Environmental issues on site by providing guidance or coaching to all employees if and when necessary.
The Safety Inspector will be coordinating all Safety and Environmental aspects of the works. His duties will include, but will not be limited to, taking particular responsibility for:
- Daily site inspections and on the job coaching and training.
- Identify and report all sub-standard acts, conditions and situations.
- Follow up and close out on agreed actions derived from observations reported.
- Conduct Monthly Audits and Inspections as per AECOM SHE Plan.
- Follow up on audit deviations and audit close out.
- Co-ordination of weekly reports from all contractors on site.
- Co-ordination of all monthly reports from all Contractors on site.
- Monitor Plant and Equipment on site, ensuring compliance to pre-use inspection checklists and Competencies of Drivers and Equipment.
- Monitor incident reporting and investigations.
- Carry out incident investigations from the MPC side.
- Follow up on remedial action plans developed during incident investigations.
- Prepare Training Material.
- Present site inductions.
- Maintain a stock of Personal Protective Equipment, PPE, on Site for AECOM Project staff and Visitors.
- Take minutes on Health and Safety Management meetings on site.
- Perform other duties as directed by the AECOM Safety Manager.
- Review of all risk assessments, PTB’s, Method Statements and Safe Work Procedures on site as part of the auditing process; inspection and monitoring of all sub-contractor Plant and Equipment;
- assistance with and advice upon the development and implementation of the Safety Management Plan
- implementing effective record systems with special reference to the contractor statistics on man-hours and incidents advice, assistance and assessment in respect of all safety related issues;
- monitoring all aspects of the Contractor’s operations with especial reference to adherence to good
- practices for health and safety and protection of the environment;
- keeping a daily safety diary to record important events;
- attending Site meetings when requested to do so.
- Attending daily PTB’s and toolbox talks.
- Experience working for a consultant is required (3 years minimum)
- Experience in Marine Construction and /or site investigation is an advantage
- Experience working for a contractor is an advantage
Specific Skills Required:
- Preparation of Safety reports
- Computer literate
- Training and Coaching skills
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Safety inspector forms part of a larger Construction management team and sound interpersonal skills and team ethic are essential.
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- Accredited Safety Qualification and dredging and Marine Construction experience.
- Computer literate.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Engineering – Construction
How to Apply for AECOM Recruitment
INVITATION: You Are Invited to Join the SchoolGH Forum Community. Click Here To SignUp Now...
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding AECOM Recruitment: Safety and Environmental Inspector Vacancy – 2017, You Can Create A Thread On Our Discussion Forum. Click Here To Get Stated...