Bridge International Academies Job Vacancies for Senior IT Officer, Application Details
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and will be launching operations in Nigeria in September 2015, with India to follow in 2016.
Information Technology at Bridge
The IT Department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop and mobile support to all business users. The department is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision throughout the business.
Overview of Position
The Senor IT Officer role will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions. Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems. The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision.
What You Will Do:
The role holder will work collaboratively within the IT Team to achieve the following:
- Provide first point of IT support contact for all Bridge staff, covering all hardware, software and associated peripherals.
- Deploy computers, academy technology, and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the Director of IT and other senior IT personnel.
- Manage the local area network and internet connection
- Recommend, source, install, and maintain network equipment such as firewalls, routers, and switches
- Maintain existing equipment to standards, by performing upgrades, new installations, and carrying out routine procedures.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and software, and ensuring that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Ensure network security through installation of appropriate hardware and software, as well development of IT policies
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers, or partner organisations as required.
- Report on incidents as reported in the service desk and recommend remedial action to avid recurrence or reduced downtime.
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritising systematically to minimise backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to monitor performance of Bridge systems, ensuring that issues are appropriately escalated and resolved by the second level of support.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior staff members in all of the above.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Manage IT infrastructure improvement projects, including scheduling and budgeting.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
What You Should Have:
- A Degree from a recognised university with top marks in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 4 – 6 years relevant IT/industry work experience
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Relevant Microsoft certification
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC/Mac hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Software, hardware and network troubleshooting skills
- Windows desktop (7/8) and Windows Server (at least 2008) experience
- Microsoft Office 2007/2010 and GSuite support
- Active Directory administration
- Understanding of cloud services e.g. VM Ware and AWS
- Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- Knowledge of Android technologies, Smart Phones, LAN and Wi-Fi configurations
- Ability to work under pressure
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More