Table of Contents
Commonwealth Scholarship Programme 2018/2019, Application Form & Details
The Office of Research, Innovation and Development is pleased to announce to the university community the “Call for Applications for the Commonwealth Scholarship 2018-2019”. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in the United Kingdom has invited the University of Ghana to nominate a suitable candidate for a Commonwealth Full-Time Doctoral Scholarship tenable in the United Kingdom from September/October 2018. In line with this, ORID wishes to inform eligible faculty that applications are being accepted for institutional nomination.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The awards are tenable at any approved UK university or higher education institution with which the CSC has part funding agreement. A list of these institutions is available at http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/uk-universities/part-funding. Awards are no longer offered to complete a PhD study already underway in the UK. All applications must be made under any one of the following development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
ELIGIBILITY – Commonwealth Scholarship
- The Commonwealth Scholarships are aimed at individuals who could not afford to study in the UK. Every applicant will be required to sign a declaration that they do not have access to sufficient funds to study in the UK.
- All nominated candidates should hold full-time teaching posts with UG, at the time of their application, to which they intend to return following any scholarship.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS – Commonwealth Scholarship
- Applicants must provide a supporting statement from a named supervisor from at least one of the UK universities to which they are applying.
- Applicants must hold a first degree of at least a second-class upper (2:1) honours standard or a second-class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (normally a Master’s degree).
- The selected candidate must be able to take up their award at the commencement of the academic year in September/October 2018. Deferments are granted in only the most exceptional circumstances, and will not be considered for start dates beyond January 2019.
- Candidates are expected to state at least one, and are strongly advised to propose three institutions of study on their application.
- University of Ghana intends to use the EAS applications for its nominations and will therefore not be accept hard copy applications for the scholarship.
- The EAS will not be available to applicants applying from UG after February 22, 2018.
- ORID will only accept institutional nomination forms that have been duly endorsed by the Dean/Director of the applicant’s School/Institute.
- The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission will not accept applications from individuals.
- Late applications shall not be considered and will be returned.
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019