Check Out: Lists of Universities Admission Forms in Ghana 2018/2019 (Updated Daily)
Discovery Learning Alliance Recruitment for Regional Manager – 2017 | See Application, Eligibility, Requirements and other guidelines below.
Discovery Learning Alliance Recruitment
Discovery Learning Alliance Ghana Jobs 2017, Discovery Learning Alliance Recruitment 2017, Discovery Learning Alliance Careers 2017, Discovery Learning Alliance Vacancies 2017.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 Discovery Learning Alliance Recruitment for Club and Community Action Mobilisers. Interested applicant ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
In many countries, children continue to face barriers to accessing and achieving a quality basic education. For a second 3 year phase, the Discovery Project will continue to address this challenge, reaching hundreds of primary and junior secondary schools and communities and increasing the quality of education and boys and girls enrolment, attendance, learning, retention and transition across Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria.
With strong support and guidance from the community Outreach coordinator, the club and community Action Mobilizer will implement community engagement and girls and boys club activities geared toward mobilizing greater awareness, dialogue and student and community-driven collective action to address barriers to girls learning (With a focus on literacy and numeracy), retention and transition to secondary school and beyoung. This will include contributing, under the leadership of the community outreach coordinator and TOM, to the setting of a strong vision and clear roadmap for the community action and girls and boys club components of the project. The position will require significant local travel to assigned project sites and communities.
• Establish relationships with community leaders and stakeholders in assigned project areas to introduce the initiative and to raise awareness about girls’ education.
• Undertake and deliver high-quality training to school and community leaders as well as club mentors in assigned project areas.
• Monitor the progress of community training and support school communities as they develop and implement their action plans to address barriers to girls’ learning, retention, and transitions, including through formation and strengthening of clubs that reach highly vulnerable, marginalized girls.
• Monitor the progress of club mentor training and support mentors as they develop girls and boys life skills and link to resources and opportunities for marginalized girls learning retention and transition
• Monitor and support club members economic empowerment, particularly through micro-business start-up and development planning and implementation
• Facilitate evaluation and continuous learning with relevant colleagues
• Ensure strong performance in line with agreed plans and budgets
• Maintain strong communications with supervisors and project sites, ensuring the routine flow of information up from project sites and that all reporting requirements are met
• Additional duties as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work, education, international development, gender or development (equivalent additional training and experience will be considered);
• Minimum 5 years of experience with community-based facilitation.
• Experience with girls’ education and/or gender and development is strongly preferred.
• Field experience in social and cultural context, especially as it relates to barriers to girls’ education
• Demonstrated project and people management
• Demonstrated commitment to program effectiveness, impact and learning
• Excellent communications, team building and organizational skills
• Excellent cross-cultural, relational and interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen, and respect for partners and colleagues
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Must be flexible willing to work irregular hours and adaptable to changing circumstances. Must also possess demonstrated problem solving and conflict management skills
• National of Ghana. Proficiency in English and at least three local languages spoken in the northern region required
How to Apply For Discovery Learning Alliance Recruitment
Applications should be sent to:
With the job title in the subject line. Please include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, along with a current CV.
Closing Date: 07 August, 2017
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Discovery Learning Alliance Recruitment for Regional Manager – 2017, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.