fhi360 Job Recruitment 2018 for Finance Officer, Application Details
Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to projects in finance and operations staff, to ensure the fiscal well-being of the organization. Provides financial management and guidance, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and reviews and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements. Proactively guides and supports respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Analyzes performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance and presenting results.
- Analyzes, budget forecasts, regulatory filings and compiles moderately complex data.
- Interprets, analyzes and/or evaluates data, ensures compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with regulated industries, consultants, management and staff.
- Interprets and provides explanation for discrepancies and variations in financial data.
- Applies updated information technology to facilitate program goals and program procedures.
- Delivers formal presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience; educates relevant parties regarding programs, procedures and/or eligibility criteria.
- Interacts with industry representatives, co-workers and officials to analyze or resolve issues.
- Maintains a variety of professional working relationships.
- Documents complex issues and effectively articulates written conclusions; Interacts with staff officials and executives.
- Reviews and edits work of others.
- Presents oral and written testimony on moderately complex issues.
- Uses financial systems to produce reports, financial models and databases.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies a thorough knowledge of financial management, investment capital, and risk analysis, debt management, and investment analysis, legal and regulatory compliance pertaining to the respective industry.
- Proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Fundamentals.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Has a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, identify/resolve errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to motivate and work well with others.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Analyzes moderately complex business operations and financial statements.
- Reviews and determines compliance with laws and regulations; draws conclusions; makes recommendations for approval.
- Reviews and analyze recommendations from peers.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Works under very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems; identifies substantive issues that are thoroughly and accurately researched and analyzed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 5 – 8 Years of progressively responsible accounting, finance and operational management, and experience in a government contracting environment.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO), government, or private sector experience preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Less than 10%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More