Check Out: Lists of Universities Admission Forms in Ghana 2018/2019 (Updated Daily)
Food and Agriculture Organization Job Recruitment 2018 for Finance Officer
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draw attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The post is located in the Regional Office for Africa.
The Finance Officer reports to the Senior Administrative Officer, under the overall guidance of the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative for Africa
Financial operations in support of Regional programmes
The planning and delivery of financial services in accordance with internal policies, UN financial guidelines and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Leads and/or participates on Finance Division teams, participates and provides financial expertise on Organization-wide committees or working groups, and/or supervises staff.
- Supervises, oversees and/or contributes to the delivery of financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, and/or investment activities/services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework.
- Develops and updates the supporting operational, policy, accounting, control and/or risk management frameworks, involving the implementation of the latest approaches and methodologies, streamlined business processes, new/revised financial policies, and related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures.
- Analyzes financial information for inclusion in statutory reports, management reports, financial statements, and/or reports to donors as well as other specific reports for Governing Bodies, donors and other partners.
- Responds to requests for assistance and provides financial and regulatory advice and assistance to managers at HQ and the Decentralized Offices etc.
- Develops effective working relationships and resolves problems with banks, other financial institutions, donors, partners, and UN financial executives as well as provides information/clarification to auditors.
- Promotes best practices and capacity development at HQ and the Decentralized Offices, leads and/or participates in training and the development of related training materials.
- Contributes to the preparation of the Regular Programme (RP) Programme of Work Budget
- Oversees the maintenance of imprest accounts and other financial reports for all programmes of the Regional Office and the FAO Representation for Ghana (Country Office); ensures the timely reporting (monthly and adhoc) on expenditures and financial operations for all programmes of the Regional, Sub-regional and Country Offices Liaises with HQ units to resolve complex issues and with the Internal and External Auditors on finance-related issues
- Ensures the preparation of appropriate financial adjustment documents; monitors outstanding financial commitments to ascertain their validity and suggest mitigating actions
- Oversees the year-end closure of accounts, ensuring timely receipt and processing of financial transaction adjustments against all programmes of the Regional, Sub-regional and Country Offices
- Participates in meetings of the UN Operations Management Team and other Working Groups for financial operations related matters
______________________________________________________________________________________________________CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in accounting, finance, business administration, financial management or a related field, or an accounting accreditation i.e. CA/CPA
- Seven years of relevant experience in finance, accounting and/or business analysis
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in accounting and in managing accounting functions and operations
- Extent and relevance of experience and knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), with a good understanding of accounts coding
- Extent and relevance of knowledge of financial systems and reporting tools
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your recruitment online profile (see “How to Apply”). We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of 2 years
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments
How to Apply
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Food and Agriculture Organization Job Recruitment 2018 for Finance Officer, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.