Ghana Innovating Recruitment 2017: Grants Assistant Vacancy, Application Details
Ghana Innovating invites Applications from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 Ghana Innovating Recruitment 2017: Grants Assistant Vacancy. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Ghana Innovating Recruitment 2017
Ghana Innovating is a USAID funded project designed to support the current portfolio of literacy projects in Ghana by promoting a culture of home-based reading, grounded in local language. It will augment current classroom-level interventions by promoting reading in the community and the home by using a SBCC strategy to initiate a social movement in reading at national, regional, local and family levels. The project seeks a qualified Grants Assistant (women are particularly encouraged to apply).
The Grants Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a comprehensive USAID grants program including assisting in the designing and development of RFAs, proposal evaluation, grant issuance and closeout. This position reports to the Grants Manager. This position is based in EDC’s project office in Labone, Accra, Ghana.
Specifically, the Grants Assistant will:
Essential functions include [but are not limited to] the following:
• Assist in developing the Annual Program Statements/Requests for Applications/Proposals and other solicitations, selection criteria, and other and tools and processes related to selection and evaluation;
• Assist in preparation quarterly grants and subcontract forecast into the budget;
• Assist in tracking compliance against detailed work plans and schedules;
• File all grants and subcontract related documentation clearly, appropriately, and in an organized manner in compliance with EDC standards;
• Work in collaboration with EDC home office to ensure USAID, EDC and Ghanaian law compliance;
• Assist in the reviewing of deliverables/milestones in respect of FAAs (Fixed Amount Awards) and issuing the necessary certifications prior to sending additional funds to the grantees;
• Perform thorough reviews of grantee’s and related supporting documentation and ensure that only allowable, allocable and reasonable costs are charged to the project;
• Work closely with the Finance team in ensuring that the grants tracker in quick books is updated and reconciled with the excel tracker maintained by the Grants manager;
• Assist in project close out plan according to USAID and EDC guidelines.
• Conduct activities as needed, these activities may include: data collection in the field, report writing, collaboration with field teams and data analysis.
• Conduct other duties as directed by the supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration, economics, ACCA/CA II or a related field
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in grants management
• Experience with USAID sub-awards and/or grants management guidelines
• Ability to communicate effectively and write technical reports in English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work efficiently within a team and in an international setting
How To Apply For Ghana Innovating Recruitment 2017
Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their CVs and letters of motivation to:
Closing Date: 20 November, 2017
Late submissions will not be considered. To ensure the timely review of your credentials, please insert “Grants Assistant-Innovating” in the subject line of the email.
Only candidates who are being invited for an interview will be contacted.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Ghana Innovating Job Recruitment 2017: Grants Assistant Vacancy, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.