Golden Star Recruitment 2017: Underground Safety Engineer Job in Ghana
- Job Closing Date: 08 September 2017
- Company: Golden Star (Wassa) Limited
- Location: Tarkwa
- Job Category: Mining / Petroleum
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Golden Star Recruitment 2017: Underground Safety Engineer Job in Ghana. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Golden Star (Wassa) Limited Recruitment 2017
Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSR), with head office in Toronto, Canada, is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Wassa East District of the Western Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate shall
• Conduct audits and task observations to determine the standard of safety practices on the mine.
• Review current safety policies and recommend changes to management.
• Help formulate safety policies and in ensuring compliance with mining regulations at all times.
• Liaise with Mining Engineers in ensuring that Health and Safety concerns are addressed in the design and mining operations.
• Recommend the standard Personal Protective Equipment required for any job or assignment
• Educate, train and re-train employees on hazard identification, safe working procedures, reporting and documentation in promoting and maintaining safety-mindedness of workers.
• Ensure that employees are trained and certified by the regulatory bodies in use and operation of equipment and machinery as required.
• Conduct incident investigations and report on the causes and make recommendations to management
• Conduct Risk Assessments and train subordinates accordingly.
• Check employees for breach of safety practices and recommend appropriate disciplinary measures.
• Review the ventilation system with the Ventilation Department to improve or maintain air circulation in all Underground Department.
• Participate in Mine Rescue activities.
• Participate in Mine First Aid Training activities.
• All other jobs required of an underground safety Engineer and as will be directed from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of HND in Engineering with five (5) years post qualification experience
• Underground Mine Experience is essential.
• Good computer skills in Power Point, Word, Excel
• Relevant regulatory certification.
• Good understanding of mining environment
• Knowledge of mining regulations and reporting
• Hazard identification and investigation
• Ability to train
• Ability to understand engineering systems work flow and co-ordination.
How to Apply For Golden Star Recruitment 2017: Underground Safety Engineer Job in Ghana
Interested applicants should submit their applications with CVs, photocopies of certificates and other relevant documents, email addresses, and phone numbers to:
or the addresses below:
THE HR/ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
P. M. B TARKWA
Closing Date: 08 September, 2017
Note: Only short listed applicants shall be contacted.
🔥 RECOMMENDED POSTS:
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- List of Top Universities in Ghana – The 2018 [Latest Edition]
DISCUSSION: Join the SchoolGH Discussion Forum. Click Here To SignUp Now...
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Golden Star Recruitment 2017: Underground Safety Engineer Job in Ghana, Kindly CLICK HERE TO COMMENT BELOW...