KNUST Recruitment for Scientific Director, KCCR 2017 | Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology Job Vacancies 2017 – See Application, Eligibility, Requirements and other guidelines below.
KNUST Jobs 2017, KNUST Recruitment 2017, KNUST Careers 2017, KNUST Vacancies 2017.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 KNUST Recruitment for Scientific Director, KCCR. Interested applicant ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research (KCCR) is a joint venture of the Ministry of Health, KNUST and Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNITM), Hamburg, Germany. KCCR offers an international platform for hosting bio-medical research projects of Ghanaian scientists Iin partnership with members of the international scientific community.
The Scientific Director (SD) leads and manages KCCR in conjunction with a Head of Administration.
The SD continuously develops and proposes the overall strategic vision of KCCR. He/she ensures that KCCR works in close collaboration with KNUST, MoH and BNITM and is responsible for maintaining and developing collaborative relationships with relevant international institutions and their key actors.
The SD reports to the members of the KCCR Advisory Board and to the BNITM Board of Directors on key issues relevant to the management of KCCR and the coordinated implementation of KCCR research projects.
Description of Duties
- Provide intellectual leadership and strategic direction within the framework of the KCCR research agenda and report to the KCCR stakeholders.
- Promote KCCR within KNUST and assemble and advertise on the KCCR website the names and research areas of any KNUST scientists interested in joining international research projects.
- Identify, support and co-ordinate Ghanaian-international research partnerships of highest scientific standard.
- Promote and support interdisciplinary research at KCCR at the national and international levels.
- Foster communication and reconcile interests of the principal investigators of research projects hosted by KCCR.
- Represent KCCR at high level national and international meetings and raise its visibility and influence within national and international research networks.
- Continue the integration of KCCR into the Ghanaian scientific community.
- Mobilize extra budgetary resources to meet the needs of KCCR.
The candidate should be a reputable Ghanaian scientist preferably with a PhD and background in medical or bio-medical sciences.
The SD will be appointed jointly by the VC of KNUST and the Chair, Board of Directors of BNITM, for three years with an option of renewal for additional terms. Remuneration is provided on the basis of the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience.
Please send your application along with the supporting documents to the Head of Administration, KCCR c/o KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana, not later than 31st August, 2017.
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More