Standard Chartered Bank Job Vacancies for Business Operational Risk Manager (COO / COO / Group/Rgnl/Ctry COO), Application Details
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world’s most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The successful applicant will represent the Corporate and Institutional Clients (FM) business as a first line of defence, implement the Standard Chartered Operational Risk Framework (ORF), and support the Group’s Operational Risk policy and associated operational risk procedures to ensure that operational risk is effectively managed at the business unit level. The Business Operational Risk Manager must focus on FM controls, governance and supervision at all times, and:
- Ensure that all material operational risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported to relevant governance forums
- Assist in Managing the FM Business Operational Risk Forum (BORF) in the country. Ensure absolute adherence to country BAU OR deadlines and effective business escalation from BORF to the Country Operational Risk Committee (CORC), Process Governance Committee, and Group Business Risk Committee (GBRC)
- Participate in peer reviews in the FM business; this may involve travel to other markets to conduct such reviews and share best practice
- Develop control enhancements to ensure that any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and consistent standards.
- Challenge/question business strategy with operational risk appetite and seek to optimise the business’ risk-return profile.
- Mentor FM staff across all segments on business controls, governance and supervision
- Be the go-to person for the business, for all operational risk related incidents/queries/events that arise, and become a business ‘Front to Back’ subject matter expert in all products offered by SCB in a market
- Coordinate with stakeholders in the country and with other FM Operational Risk Managers to increase transparency and share key learnings and best practice
- Ensure compliance with policies applicable to FM which impact operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures and policy if there is a better way to do things
- Escalate issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the COO and FM Head when required
- Speak Out about emerging risks or Known-Unknowns and try and change the way things are done – making BAU (your job) easier
- Focus on Regulations, regulatory compliance and associated operational risks
Network extensively, and drive change / improvements
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of FM products
- Relevant business/function experience in operations, business analysis or project management
- Clear understanding of the Bank’s Operational Risk Framework or equivalent experience gained in other organizations
- Sound judgment with critical thinking skills and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong analytical skills, detail-focused with the ability to interpret large amounts of information
- Problem solving skills with ability to influence at all levels of the business
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Proposition – Rewarding good performance
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our core values and mantra – here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we’ll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More