Tullow Ghana Jobs 2018 for Financial Controller, Application Details
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company with a portfolio of 85 licences across 17 countries. Our focus is on finding and monetising oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins.
Since 2006, Tullow has had interests Ghana and was appointed as the Jubilee Field Operator. First oil was achieved in November 2010 and has become Tullow’s key asset generating significant high-margin oil production. Tullow’s second major discovery and subsequent development in Ghana is the TEN field where first oil was successfully achieved on time and on budget in August 2016. There are further exploration opportunities for Tullow Ghana Limited (TGL) including expanding Jubilee to include outlying deep-water reserves. More information can be found here Ghana BU
The Financial controller (Jubilee) is responsible for all aspects of Finance associated with the asset Jubilee including group reporting, statutory reporting, tax, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, JV accounting (operated and non-operated), revenue accounting, dealing with external, internal and JV audits.
The Asset Specific Financial controller will be a key member of the TGL Finance Team based in the Accra office and will be responsible for all aspect of Finance associated with Jubilee. Specifically:
- Ensuring that monthly group submissions in relation to management and financial reporting are made in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring all year and half year end activities are completed in accordance with group procedures.
- Managing the annual corporate budget process for Jubilee.
- Ensuring that JV accounting is performed in accordance with JOA’s and Tullow policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that revenue accounting is properly validated and recorded in all sales journals
- Project managing all external, internal and JV audits.
- Supporting any ongoing divestment/acquisition procedures that may arise in relation to the asset (Jubilee).
- Managing and reviewing the work performed by the Asset Specific Finance team that supports the relevant asset with transactional activities.
- Monitoring the performance of financial shared services provided to the BU by the Corporate accounting team (AP, Intercompany and funding)
- Training, development and supervision of the Asset Specific Finance team.
The successful candidate should able to demonstrate experience/ Qualifications in the following areas:
- Degree qualified or a member of one of the professional Accounting bodies (e.g. CA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least 7 years post qualified experience.
- Management accounting/budgeting/forecasting.
- Multinational group reporting experience
- SAP experience preferable.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Team Management Experience
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
A performance-driven culture that generates results
A commitment to your personal and professional development
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
How to Apply
🔥 RECOMMENDED POSTS:
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- List of Top Universities in Ghana – The 2018 [Latest Edition]
DISCUSSION: Join the SchoolGH Discussion Forum. Click Here To SignUp Now...
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Tullow Ghana Jobs 2018 for Financial Controller, Application Details, Kindly CLICK HERE TO COMMENT BELOW...