University for Development Studies UDS Cut Off Points 2018/2019 For Admissions | All Courses | University of Education Winneba UEW Cut-off Points required for Admission into the institution.
Are you an aspirant of the University for Development Studies UDS? Do you want to know the approved cut-off points of UDS? Schoolgh.com present you with all aspect of the cut-off points required for admission into the institution.
There are certain criteria to be observed before being admitted to study in any of the courses in any tertiary institution in Ghana. One of these which include meeting the required cut-off points for each school as well as the courses itself. It is very easy to obtain admission if one has met the required cut off mark for the admission into a particular course.
UDS Cut off points! University for Development Studies UDS Cut off points are used to determine who gets admitted into University for Development Studies and which course the person is offered.
In most cases, the cut off point for UDS is to be used by a prospective student seeking to get admission into the institution as a guidance is selecting his or her courses or programmes.
The said student is to measure the UDS Cut off points 2018 against his or her grades in order to find out whether he or she is qualified to be admitted into the particular programme of choice.
The following is the University of Education Winneba UEW cut-off points to consider before applying for Admission to any academic programme available at UEW for the 2018/2019 Academic Year.
University for Development Studies UDS Cut Off Points 2018
Details of University for Development Studies UDS Cut off points 2018. These cut-off points are only to guide us and hence are not fixed.
The Cut-Off Points for University for Development Studies, Tamale is very difficult to get your hands on. The only information you will get is their minimum requirement for admission which I have Listed below.
Admission Requirements for University for Development Studies, Tamale
General Entry Requirements
- SSSCE/WASSCE Holders (for Degree Programmes)
SSSCE/WASSCE holders seeking admission into Degree programmes must have at least C6 (WASSCE candidates) or D (SSSCE candidates) in all their three Core and three Elective Subjects.
WASSCE holders who have Grade D7 or E8 or F9 in any one of their three Core or three Elective subjects are advised not to apply for a degree programme.
Also, SSSCE holders who have either Grade E or Grade F in any of their three Core or three Elective Subjects are advised not to apply for a degree programme.
Candidates should therefore possess, at least, credit scores/grades in the following:
- Three core subjects (English Language, Mathematics (Core) and Integrated Science / Social Studies).
- Any three elective subjects in the relevant programmes.
- Aggregate Score of the best six subjects (three core and three electives) must not exceed 36 (for WASSCE scale) and 24 (for SSSCE scale). However, admissions will be on competitive basis, and various programmes offered in UDS have their cut-off points much lower than aggregate 36 for WASSCE (and 24 for SSSCE).
- Candidates should note that Social Studies is not an elective subject.
- For candidates who read Arts and Business subjects at SSSCE/WASSCE, a grade in Social Studies may be used in place of the grade in Integrated Science in the calculation of their aggregates if the Social Studies grade is better than the grade in Integrated Science. This is however on condition that the candidate has at least a pass in Integrated Science.
- For Science students, however, Social Studies (Core) does not replace Integrated Science (Core) in the calculation of candidates’ aggregates.
- SSSCE/WASSCE Holders (for Diploma Programmes)
Candidates who do not meet the requirements for Degree programmes in UDS are advised to apply for any one of the Diploma programmes (Diploma in Integrated Community Development, Diploma in Integrated Business Studies, and Diploma in Development Management all of which are offered at the Wa Campus; Diploma in Development Education is offered in Tamale Campus; Diploma in Statistics and Diploma in Computer Science are both offered in Navrongo Campus)
- To be admitted into a Diploma programme, five credits passesin English Language and Mathematics plus credit passes in any three other subjects in SSSCE/WASSCE is required. Any candidate without a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics (core) need not apply for the Diploma. It is not likely that all candidates with the minimum requirements for Diploma programmes will be admitted. Preference will be given to candidates who have good grades/credit passes.
Candidates, who have met the requirements for Degree programmes (Credits in three electives and three core subjects), but have aggregates that are not good enough (aggregates of 33-36 for WASSCE) to ensure them admissions into Degree programmes, are advised to apply for the Diploma programmes.
iii. HND and other Diploma Holders Seeking Admission into Degree Programmes
HND and other Diploma applicants seeking admission to Degree programmes should possess at least a:
- Second Class (Upper Division)or First Class in the relevant area would be admitted to Level 300;
- Second Class Lower or better in related programmes would be admitted into Level 200;
- Third Class or Pass would be considered for admission to Level 100.
- Candidates would be required to pass a selection interview to be conducted by the University.
(This is applicable to only programmes under Faculty of Integrated Development Studies (FIDS), Faculty of Education (FOE), School of Business and Law (SBL), and Faculty of Planning and Land Management (FPLM); and also the BSc Mathematical Science Option in the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences (FMS).
Eligible applicants for the Mature Entry must meet the following criteria:
- Be 25 years or above
- Have passes in five G.C.E.‘O’ Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics/Statistics and Science.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) holders must have credit or better (A to D) in English Language and Mathematics (Core) plus any other passes in three elective subjects. (For candidates wishing to pursue Mathematical Science courses, the elective subjects should include Elective Mathematics).
- West Africa Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE ), holders must have credit or better (A1 to C6) in English Language and Mathematics (Core) plus any other passes in three elective subjects. (For candidates wishing to pursue Mathematical Science courses, the elective subjects should include Elective Mathematics).
- Candidates would be expected to write and pass both a selection examination and interview to be conducted by the University at the Tamale Campus.
- Only candidates who obtain satisfactory marks in the selection examination and interview will be admitted to pursue the degree programme.
- Registered Nurses
Applicants to the 3-Year BSc Nurse Practitioner programme or 2/3-Year BSc Nursing programme must be Registered Nurses with a Diploma or State Registered Nurses Certificate and at least three years working experience. Candidates without three years working experience are advised not to apply.
For the BSc Nurse Anaesthesia programme, candidates should have one of the following: RGN (Diploma) with a minimum of 3 years post-registration working experience, RGN (BSc Nursing) with 2 years post-registration working experience and Advanced Diploma in Nurse Anaesthesia with 2 years working experience
- Calculation of Aggregates
For the avoidance of doubt, the University for Development Studies has adopted the WASSCE system for computation of final aggregates. Equivalences are as follows:
You can get in touch with the school for more details on the UDS cut off points
You can contact us via phone or email.
P. O. Box TL 1350, Tamale
+233-3720-22078, 26633, 26634
Important: This page will be updated with the latest information as the University for Development Studies UDS publicize it official cut-off points.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding University for Development Studies UDS Cut Off Points 2018/2019 For Admissions | All Courses, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.