The West Africa Network for Peacebuilding, Ghana (WANEP-Ghana) is a non-profit making peacebuilding Non-Governmental Organization. It is a civil society institution meant to prevent, resolve, and transform violent conflicts through collective and coordinated efforts of non-governmental
organizations, local and national state institutions as well as individuals actively engaged in peacebuilding practice in Ghana in order to avoid duplication of efforts and maximize resources for more effective responses to conflict situations. The organization seeks to facilitate the creation of a sustainable culture of non-violence, justice, peace and social reconciliation in Ghanaian communities.
Job Title: Project Field Officer
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Field Officer to support in the implementation of our projects in the three regions of northern Ghana.
Job Title: Project Field Officer (PFO), Northern Region and Upper East/ West Region
Immediate Supervisor: Programs Manager
• Mobilize and sensitize communities on key project strategies to ensure community ownership of the project.
• Undertake regular project implementation and monitoring visits to project districts.
• Build relationships and maintain regular contact with project stakeholders and beneficiaries.
• Develop strong relationship with key project partners.
• Support in program design, review and implementation.
• Support in identifying new project strategies to achieve project results.
• Report on programmes activities from the District level.
• Support in drafting, and production of activity, quarterly, annual and final reports on all activities to donors, consortium partners and network members.
• To support in the development of Terms of References (ToRs) of activities, and implementation of appropriate monitoring and evaluation strategies.
• Prepare program activity budgets.
• Work closely with the other staff in the day to day management of the secretariat.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned to him/her by designated superiors.
Duration of Employment: 2 years subject to annual appraisal and renewal.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A first degree in Peacebuilding, Peace Studies, Conflict Transformation, Development Studies, Development Communication or a related field.
• Minimum of three years working experience in peacebuilding/ development.
• Direct experience in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Knowledge and experience of varied project compliance requirements is desired.
• Experience in training and workshop facilitation.
• Good experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and use of Excel to do varied presentation of data and reports.
• Must be community-oriented person and willing to live and work in remote areas.
• Must be peace, culturally and gender sensitive both in interaction and communication.
• Must be able to deliver on time.
• Possess critical report writing skills
• Must be good team player
• Be able to work independently and in a team
• Possess good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
• Possess initiative and ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
• Willing to travel and work outside normal hours.
• Display organizational awareness and commitment.
• Ambitious and results-oriented.
• Have a stable disposition, be open to criticism and willing to learn.
• Ability to ride a motorbike in rough terrain.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit CV and application by email to: [email protected] Closing Date: 02 October, 2017
Note: Women are especially encouraged to apply and, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.