AECOM Ghana Job Vacancy 2018 for Project Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for AECOM Ghana Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
AECOM Ghana Job Vacancy 2018
Due to our strong pipeline of projects we may have an opening for an experienced
Project Assistant. The role would be based in Accra, Ghana. We expect to mobilise in April/May 2018.
If you would like to be the first one to hear about this opportunity when it will arise, submit an expression of interest now and let’s stay in touch.
The position is located in an office within a construction site, working as part of a consultant’s project team supervising the work of an EPC contractor. The Project Assistant facilitates the work of an eight-person team through clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, l and coordinating the operations of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Secretary is responsible for:
- Arranging conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for project staff.
- Completing forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Recording, composing, typing and distributing meeting minutes.
- Using word processing software for compiling and making edits to correspondence and reports originated by others.
- Greeting visitors and callers, handling their inquiries and directing them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Coordinating the work flow for incoming correspondence requiring replies. This includes opening, reading, routing, and distributing incoming mail and other material, and preparing answers to routine letters.
- Maintaining project team calendar using Microsoft Office software.
- Making copies of correspondence and other printed material and directing the reproduction of reports and large document sets by outside printers.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments for project staff using Microsoft Office software and WebEx software.
- Using the project’s document control system (ProjectWise) to process project documents including such documents as correspondence, reports, drawings and specifications in accordance with the project-specific document control procedures.
- Ordering and dispensing office supplies.
- Reviewing work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed and recommend revisions.
- Operating office equipment such as high-speed photocopiers and printers and binding machines.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in an office environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as an Project Assistant.
- Experience in the employ of a construction contractor is an advantage.
- Experience in the employ of a consulting engineering firm is an advantage.
Specific Skills Required:
- Word processing
- Spreadsheet Skills
- Document Management (ProjectWise or similar software experience an advantage)
- Time & Billing
- Calendar & Docketing
- Writing Skills
- Organization Skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Research Skills.
- Optimistic outlook
- English language verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team including people at all levels of seniority
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- Eligibility to work in Ghana due to nationality is a requirement.
- Secondary level certificate
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More
- TZNGUGZA RWCM ZW LS MW SD ZM