Table of Contents
Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Program 2019 for African Scholars (Fully-funded to University of Oxford)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Program 2019 for African Scholars (Fully-funded to University of Oxford) (Funded to Zanzibar, Tanzania)… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Program 2019
The Program supports African scholars and researchers working in any discipline to spend periods of flexible time in Oxford, for example as sabbatical leave for utilising library or other university facilities or undertaking or planning collaborative research with Oxford-based colleagues.
- Offered Annually? Yes
- Type: Fellowship
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- To Be Taken At (Country): University of Oxford, UK
- Number of Awards: Not specified
About the Award: The AfOx Visiting Fellows Program is designed to enhance academic mobility and network building. Applicants should provide details of an Oxford university host i.e. someone with an academic/research post in Oxford in the applicant’s field of interest who will work with them to maximise the usefulness of the time spent in Oxford. This may be an existing academic collaborator or a new potential collaborator with whom the applicant has established contact before applying for the Fellowship.
– Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or research equivalent.
– Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
– With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be reviewed primarily on the quality and value added of the proposed research agenda, the fit between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the feasibility of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
Value of Award: The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College. A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency. The fellowship will also include airfare, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
Duration of Program: The fellowships will be undertaken for 4 to 6 weeks between July and September 2019. Under exceptional circumstances, start dates outside this time period will be considered. Please be aware that applications will be reviewed, in part, on the basis of the work you intend to achieve in the timescale you set out.
Application Forms – How to Apply:
- There are three fellowship schemes being offered for 2019. Please read full details about each fellowship below and select one to apply to.
- Note that we will only accept one application, so do not apply for more than one fellowship.
Application Deadline: 25th March, 2019 (Midnight GMT)
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Program 2019 for African Scholars (Fully-funded to University of Oxford) for more information
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019