African Union Job Vacancies 2018 for Director of Social Affairs, Application Details
The specific responsibilities of the Director of Social Affairs are as follows:
- To advise the Commissioner on policy and strategy matters and assist in developing and supervising work programmes and in developing partnership relations;
- To prepare a plan of action, organise and coordinate programmes and activities of the Department and ensure their implementation;
- To provide quality assurance in the programmes by ensuring that they meet the overall objective of the Department;
- To provide technical guidance and ensure efficient functioning of supervised Divisions;
- To build and maintain good working relations with other Departments/Directorates/Offices of the African Union Commission;
- To develop and maintain appropriate working relations with partners of the African Union, on social and development issues;
- To promote best practices and appropriate working systems;
- To develop and promote a rights-based approach framework for each thematic programme of work within the department;
- To ensure overall accountability for the effective management of the Department including financial control and budgeting, quality of work, personnel, performance management, discipline and training in conformity with relevant policies and procedures;
- To produce and submit periodic reports of activities and specific missions;
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Candidates must have at least a Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences or Social Development or Law or Development Studies
- Candidates must have at least 15 years of appropriate experience of which at least 5 years should be in Senior Management position, including design and development of policies and strategies.
- Experience in social and human development policy design and implementation will serve as an added advantage.
Knowledge and Understanding
Working knowledge of policy analysis and development and programme/project management, implementation and monitoring ;
In-depth technical knowledge and analytical skills in aspects of Health/Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Population, Labour-Employment-Migrants, Social Welfare, Vulnerable Groups, Sports, Culture, and Drug control issues.
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019