AIMS Ghana Recruitment 2019 for IT Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the AIMS Ghana Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
AIMS Ghana Recruitment 2019
A Career Opportunity to advance our work transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
In keeping with our mission to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish, at AIMS we are equally dedicated to fostering an environment in which we enable and challenge our internal talent to flourish to their fullest capacity as we strive to generate The Next Einstein!
We need your passion, knowledge and expertise to be our next…
Information Technology (IT) Manager
The Centre’s IT infrastructure provides a powerful foundation to the 24-hour learning environment which supports the AIMS academic model. In this established role, you will ensure the continuity of a fully operational platform with both proactive and responsive service to students, faculty and staff members alike to enable optimal performance.
Within the existing AIMS-NEI IT framework, you will ensure ongoing planning for upgrades and day-to-day requirements to manage the Centre’s IT system for a growing user base of students, staff and visiting faculty and professionals to include and not limited to: computer procurement and installation, network administration, Internet access and security, telephone services, sourcing and managing the use of licensed and open-source software and other electronic functions to be specified from time to time.
In addition, you will collaborate with academic partners, in Rwanda and internationally, to develop and share best practices to enhance and leverage the AIMS-NEI IT platform, manage and monitor the IT budget, bringing forward opportunities/recommendations to inform management decisions, and with designated network colleagues, develop and maintain the Centre’s web site.
This is a full-time opportunity and will be based in Biriwa, Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
Do you have what we need?
- A Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline and at least three (3) years professional experience
- Three years experience (minimum) in managing and/or directing IT operations
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux server and workstation administration
- Extensive experience with open source application management in a computer lab.
- Hands-on experience with python, LaTeX and JupyterHub is an asset
- Extensive systems and network administration experience
- Strong communicator, able to present complex technical information in simple language
- Excellent English fluency is a must; French is desirable
- Experience working with an international not-for-profit is an asset
- Enthusiasm for working in an culturally diverse organisation.
- Experience working with an international NGO, an asset
- Available for limited travel within and potentially out of Ghana
- Available to respond to organizational demands outside of normal business hours, evenings and weekends
How to Apply
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation? Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to:
- email@example.com (Please quote “IT Manager GHA_Internal” in the subject line).Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2019.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will be notified via e-mail of next steps in the process. From time to time, and as circumstances change within the organization, AIMS may elect to accelerate, extend or discontinue the selection process. As such, AIMS reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.