Table of Contents
Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Research For Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering 2019… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2019
The Zonta International offers Amelia Earhart PhD Research fellowship for women of any nationality in Aerospace-related Sciences and Aerospace-related Engineering at any University or College offering Accredited Degrees.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Offered Since: 1938
- Type: PhD/Doctoral
- Offered annually? Yes
- Duration of Fellowship: One year (current fellows can reapply to renew the fellowship each year)
- Eligible Countries: Women from Any Country
- To be taken at (country): Any University or College offering Accredited Degrees in any country.
Sponsors: Amelia Earhart Fellowships are made possible by generous contributions to the Zonta International Foundation Amelia Earhart Fellowship Fund.
Subject Areas: PhD/Doctoral degrees in Aerospace-related Sciences and Aerospace-related Engineering
Programme Description: Zonta International established the Amelia Earhart Fellowship in 1938 in honor of legendary pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. Today, the Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually to 35 talented women, pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering around the globe.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
- Students must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2020.
- Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- Note that previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
Benefits of Fellowship:
- Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually
- The Fellowship enables these women to invest in state-of-the-art computers to conduct their research, purchase expensive books and resource materials, and participate in specialized studies around the globe.
- Amelia Earhart Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
Application Form – to Apply:
The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews the applications and recommends recipients to the Zonta International Board of Directors. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of April.
Important Note: Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship. Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
Application deadline: 15th November 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering 2019 for more information
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019