AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment 2018 for Safety Superintendent – Surface – Jobs in Ghana
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment 2018
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as SAFETY SUPERINTENDENT – SURFACE.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to implement and improve processes to monitor the implementation of Health and Safety (H&S) company policies, programs and initiatives related to “Surface Safety” including management or performance of the work necessary to ensure adherence to safety regulations, completion of safety training, and attainment of business values and objectives.
The role is also accountable for the daily management of the H&S departments including the budget in these areas as well as coordinating, planning and managing the implementation of programs with other departments and stakeholders. “Surface Safety” refers to all above ground areas in Obuasi Mine including Mining, Processing, tailings dams, water processing plants and common roads and buildings, etc.
Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Safety department regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development.
- Identify, develop and facilitate the implementation of necessary Operational Readiness Works from Surface Safety perspective to support the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine
- Develop and communicate a rolling (4-3-2-1) quarterly plan for the budgeted year identifying Surface Safety priorities, milestones and events
- Develop and submit the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Programs
- Deliver the work of the Surface Safety department within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Safety department regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development
- Environmental management that is integrated into team’s work plan and implementation
- Develop the Surface Safety team to capably and consistently deliver the annual and quarterly plan according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Safety department
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, CARO, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or tertiary qualification in Engineering (Mining, Electrical, Mechanical) with practical experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a related role within a mining environment and can demonstrate supervisory/management experience.
Safety Management systems
- Ability to develop processes and procedures that integrate behavioral aspects into a system and be able to integrate across departments.
Audit and Inspection
- Must have completed an external safety or lead audit course, participated in audits at other sites as a team member and can as well develop workplace inspection systems.
- Must have successfully completed the AIIP or IIP training course and can apply this knowledge to lead investigations for moderate or high events and can participate as a team member in major and extreme events.
Supervision and Leadership
- Ability to lead portions of the SLP and models required behaviors in the field and as well manage teams to adopt new safety processes even when challenged.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of a small team of employees.
Training and Coaching
- Ability to deliver generic training programs to individuals or small work teams.
- Ability to coach management teams to adopt new safety processes even when challenged.
Data and Information management
- Ability to understand basic lead and lag safety data and can manipulate this data to develop short term safety improvement plans.
- Ability to develop work plans for teams to meet predetermined objectives
- Ability to develop Health & Safety personnel – assess skills, determine needs and develop training programmes for areas of responsibility
- Ability to provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and work direction and evaluate performance of the Safety Team
- Ability to provide leadership and updates on safety audits, observations and near misses with follow up on all open action items
- Ability to direct the overall responsibilities within the Surface safety section, which includes daily direction of management personnel, operating budget, and improvements
- Ability to supervise surface safety section staff to ensure development and administration including; developing and conducting proficiency assessments.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 21ST NOVEMBER, 2018.