AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment 2019 for Underground Specialist – Shaft & Winder
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment 2019
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Underground Specialist – Shaft & Winder is accountable for monitoring and control of the winding equipment to ensure the operation is at all times compliant, safe, in accordance with operational and Engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant (winder) availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable, cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent GCC
- Beneficial – Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Winder Operations Manager/Specialist with 10+ years’ experience in underground mining
- Experience with Winder and Shaft maintenance, covering all aspects
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Strong Winder Operations competencies in underground mining
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about
- technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Demonstrated training experience in winder maintenance certification
- Demonstrated ability for project delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel from technical, to management.
- Delegate tasks to those capable of completing them, or assign workers to oversee areas of a project.
- Evaluate progression and adherence to deadlines on a routine basis.
- Ability to re-prioritize planned activities and tasks.
- Problem-solving skills –
- Ability to identify solutions to problems that others have not considered.
- A hands-on approach and be willing to work long hours to obtain the required results.
- The ability to meet diverse Engineering challenges within the broad scope of the Engineering field pertaining to production orientated activities.
- Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
- Technical input to the Maintenance Manager for inclusion to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Application review of safety standards and work practices for the operating maintenance training and work processes to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Safety behaviour demonstration is consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Inspections, audits, JHA, etc. of the Safety Management System delivering compliance
- Timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with actions plans developed to prevent recurrences
- Identification of safety training needs, delivery of safety training requirements to enable personnel to safely perform their designated work
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate compliance, in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Environmental-related workplace instruction to any employees
- Zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Investigate process interruptions using ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools
- Reduced energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within a sphere of influence.
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Recruit and appoint people to a role in accordance with AGA policy and localisation objectives as directed by the Senior Engineering Manager.
- For those AGAG employees who will be part of the continuing operation, prepare and execute training and development plans to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the required certified personnel to maintain winding plants and shafts fulfilling the strategic requirements at recommencement of operations.
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Develop a skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements.
- Ensure operational areas maintain the skills matrix up-to-date
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for key positions with the correct supportive development plan
Construction & Refurbishment
- Review, approval and sign off of the winding maintenance training items detailed in the Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Deliver winder operating and maintenance training and qualification levels consistent with the refurbishment plan and commencement of operations stages.
- Comply with reporting processes for managing training and qualification commensurate with winding equipment installation and refurbishment to deliver winding operations that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively control the training and qualifications process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely maintenance schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability.
- Design and put in place reporting structure to provide major inputs to Maintenance Manager – UG to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the winding operations.
- Monitor the compliant completion of the winding aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the mining teams including localisation plan.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Use the systems for the winding section to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Verify and report the standard of training of the winder maintenance teams during the Phase1 & 2 Operations.
- Monitor and ensure the work carried out by the underground and surface maintenance team on the winding equipment is of a standard that is compliant, supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Work with the team of Specialists to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc across areas of control.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace
- Establish rapports with the other departments to ensure common goals are identified and reached
- Provide technical expertise input in the development of a 2-year plan for winding activities:
- Ensure statutory and corporate compliance
- Identify trends in winding equipment and operations to support performance
- Monitor failure root cause analysis
- Identify and consider the applicability of new technology and products
- Monitor the stage of the life cycle costing of key equipment with consideration to changing operational parameters
- Evaluate the cost of changing operational parameters
- Contribute electrical maintenance input to optimise processing plant availability and capability in a sustainable manner.
- Control delivery of winder maintenance training to the approved budget whilst proposing solutions to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and identify and discuss opportunities to exceed annual budget and action authorised changes
- Contribute to the sustainable use of the winding equipment: –
- Plan and monitor completion of necessary training
- Plan, monitor and analyse to ensure long term sustainable operation of equipment
- Monitoring of the usage of winding equipment
- Organise the monitoring of the performance of winding equipment operation.
- This includes but is not limited to;
- Setting the verification process that the pre-start checks are being carried out and submitted and indicated anomalies are being corrected in an acceptable timeframe
- Designing the process for the recording and analysis of consumables – oils, cooling fluids, hydraulics, brakes, etc in winding equipment
- Designing the process for the recording of the adherence to preventive maintenance schedules in accordance with OEM recommended service cycles
- Monitoring the data collection and analysis process of Mean Time Between Failures and Mean Time Between Replacements for components and machines also permitting correct Reliability reporting
- Monitoring the process for analysing calibration records to check that metering and operation of machine elements are operating within appropriate accuracy
- Utilising SAP, set the processes to update and present to the Maintenance manager – UG the winder maintenance training, certification and skills matrix required for submission to the General Manager, an annual master schedule of work packages for the Maintenance Department ahead of the business planning process a rolling three-month schedule of work packages including 80% of scheduled work allowing for unplanned work
- On a monthly basis manage the compilation of data to report significant variations or critical issues that may impact on the Operating Master Schedule along with corrective actions to mitigate risk
- Coordinate the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Manage the department in line with operational budget
- Communicate to subordinates the relevant financial detail to each individual’s level ensuring their understanding and obligations to meet the budget goalsTime
Remain within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
Developing the risk and risk mitigation plans and activities for all winder maintenance training work
Develop the plan to ensure winder competence and availability is developed in line with the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
Plans, Procedures, Standards and Documentation
Develop and maintain the maintenance training portion of the Winding Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution Plan sub plan for the area of accountability
Arrange input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
Review and input into relevant plans such as Health, Safety, Quality and Commissioning.