Check Out: Lists of Universities Admission Forms in Ghana 2018/2019 (Updated Daily)
Aspire Food Group Job Vacancy 2018 for Operations Assistant
Position: Operations Assistant
About the organization: Aspire Food Group is an international social enterprise dedicated to the sustainable practice of farming edible insects. With offices in the US and Ghana, Aspire seeks to farm locally desired insects as a way to address food insecurity. In Ghana, Aspire farms the palm weevil larva, a local delicacy that has been traditionally harvested. In addition, Aspire Ghana has also taught several hundred farmers in Southern and Central Ghana to be able to farm their own larva as a source of household animal protein and as an opportunity for increased income. Aspire Ghana seeks to rapidly scale its production, co-develop packaged products, take advantage of export opportunities to other West African countries, support its network of farmers to scale their production and to advance research on the palm weevil larvae.
Role description: Aspire Food Group Ghana is looking for an analytical, detail-oriented and organized excel whiz to join the organization as an Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant will support the organization in gaining more nuanced insights through statistical analysis. Additionally, the individual would support the coordination and execution of operations related projects. The role would take place in predominately an office environment, however, the individual must also be comfortable working in farm-like conditions from time to time to execute projects. The Operations Assistant reports directly to the Director of Operations. The individual must be able to transport themselves to the on-site location of Aspire Ghana’s farm on Mango Road, KNUST Campus on a daily basis.
- Running statistical analysis to discover key insights into operational performance
- Supporting the development of excel models when required and support projecting future outcomes
- Monitoring production metrics daily and reporting progress to management
- Uploading weather data from data loggers into appropriate software
- Modifying and updating production tracking excel sheet as required to ensure the most relevant data is being captured
- Sourcing parts and suppliers for operations related projects
- Sending purchase order requests to the procurement and accounting teams
- Communicating with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinating operations projects
- Collaborating with other individuals and teams on cross-departmental projects
- Brainstorming and proposing solutions to operational challenges
- Assigning and tracking tasks/projects in Wrike project management software
- Performing quality control on data entry
- Recording larvae deliveries and calculating various monthly bonuses
- Developing and updating an operations manual
- Entering kilometer log data weekly
- Taking notes in operations and procurement meetings
- Additional responsibilities upon request
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree in Statistics, Commerce, Management, Mathematics or related field.
- Minimum 6 months of relevant experience.
- Superb Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills.
- Experience in data modelling, statistical analysis and quantitative research highly desired.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Good problem solving skills, collaborative nature, flexibility and proactivity ideal
- Diligent, punctual, hardworking.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Mobile allowance immediately upon hire and health insurance after a 3-month probation period.
How to Apply
Application: Please submit your cover letter and CV addressed to Ms. Abigail Mensah at email@example.com. All documents should be in PDF Formats and titled Operations Assistant.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Deadline for submission of documents is 30th March, 2018.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Aspire Food Group Job Vacancy 2018 for Operations Assistant, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.