CARE International Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 CARE International Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
CARE International Recruitment 2018
CARE International Recruiting For Zonal Project Officer
CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe.
CARE started operations in Ghana in 1994 and have for the past 23 years, has partnered government agencies, multinational and Civil Society organizations to undertake interventions in the areas of education, food and nutrition security, financial inclusion, women’s empowerment, governance, among others.
- Provide support to the Public Policy/Advocacy Specialist
- Manage and coordinate all GSAM advocacy activities in 100 districts across Ghana
- Provide Technical Capacity Building and monitoring support to Partner CSOs on the project.
- Link up with partners and in particular CSOs working on social accountability within the Zone and provide information and updates on their activities as and when required
- Produce monthly and quarterly briefs to the GSAM Public Policy/Advocacy Specialist (PPAS)
- Assist the Public Policy/Advocacy Specialist and other national staff to produce credible, timely and high quality reports
- Monitor and oversee the performance of CSOs in Ashanti and Brong Ahafo (Middle zone) of the project.
- Collaborate with the CSOs and facilitate the development of scorecards
- Work as a Zonal focal person to oversee the implementation of GSAM activities on the field
- Carry out public dissemination of results/updates community scorecards, interface meetings, town hall meetings, community mobilization intervention etc.
- Be responsible for the collation and entry of data into MIS system
- Assist in the preparation of reports on the GSAM advocacy campaigns
- Work closely with M&E Officer and M&E Specialist with information and other required support to plan and develop appropriate M&E tools, techniques, systems etc. and collection of data on the GSAM project.
- Work closely with the CARE Finance and Grants Managers to oversee the work of sub-grants and institute a system to track and monitor the implementation, results, and close-out of the awards
Required Skills or Experience
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project planning, management, community/governance work especially at the local level
- Excellent skills in community mobilization and facilitation, citizen- local government engagement processes, negotiation, public speaking, and ability to assist in collecting required data, analyze, integrate and use such data and further assist in developing strategies and plan to resolve them, report writing skills.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Excellent oral and written English is required. Fluency in some of the local language(s) in the communities of the GSAM (Middle) Zone would be an asset.
- Commitment to achieving results, deadline driven, proactive and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
- Ability to build and work in a team
- Good relationship and learning skills
- Ability to Multitasking, work under pressure and deliver
- Excellent writing, presentation and reporting skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to email@example.com PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. Closing date for submission of applications is Tuesday 26th June, 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY