Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) Jobs Vacancy 2019 for Input Supply Officer – Rwanda
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) Jobs Vacancy 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) Jobs Vacancy 2019
Position Title: Input Supply Officer – Rwanda
Reporting to: Deputy Chief of Party
Position Location: Rwanda
Project Name: Rwanda Orora Wihaze Activity
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for an Input Supply Officer position for an anticipated USAID-funded Orora Wihaze Activity in Rwanda. The purpose of this Activity is to sustainably increase the availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market.
The Input Supply Officer will oversee the input supply interventions of this project. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for the overall, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the activity’s objectives around input supply. S/he will work with local partners and conducts regular site visits to ensure effective implementation while coordinating closely with other technical team leaders to increase impact of program interventions. The following Input Supply Officer characteristics, skills, experience and education are demonstrative of the skills necessary to fulfilling this role:
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects is required;
- Experience managing USAID or other donor-funded development projects of a comparable size and scope in developing countries is required;
- Experience in the agro-input private sector, preferably within the East African Region;
- Understanding of regional input trade regulations;
- Proven and demonstrable leadership skills are required;
- Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and private-sector partners is required;
- Experience in Rwanda or Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred;
- Master’s degree in economic development, business administration, agribusiness, agriculture, or a related field preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply