Table of Contents
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, GIMPA (www.gimpa.edu.gh) Admission Application Forms are available.
The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) was established in 1961 as a joint Ghana Government/United Nations (UN) special fund project. Originally named the Institute of Public Administration, it was set up as one of the key strategic institutions to develop the public administrative system, to provide civil servants with administrative and professional competence, and to plan and administer national, regional and local services.
The overarching object of the Institute is to train public servants of the country and to provide education, training and services in the fields of leadership, management and public administration for the public sector, private sector and non-governmental organizations.
To achieve its object, the Institute shall perform the following functions:
- Promote education, training and services in the fields of leadership, business management and administration;
- Provide professional, unbiased and dedicated advisory support services to various areas of Government to enhance their capacity for sustainable development and management;
- Promote the development of managerial skills for persons employed in the public and private sectors including no-governmental organisations (NGOs), and create awareness of the need for education, training and the provision of services in the fields of leadership, management and administration as a necessary requirement for maintaining the vitality of the organisation in the development of the economy;
- Promote the use of information technology as an essential tool to create competitive advantage and enhance output for national development;
- Assist Ghanaian enterprises through cost-effective education, training and the provision of services, research and consultancy to achieve efficient cost control;
- Promote understanding and cooperation between public and private sector institutions in respect of public administration and management obligations; and
- Offer courses leading to the award of certificates, diplomas and degrees in the Institute’s areas of competence, subject to such conditions as the authorities responsible for tertiary education in the country shall direct.
GIMPA Admission Requirements
1. Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSSCE), and West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE) candidates:
- SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
2. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level candidates:
- Passes in three (3) GCE Advanced Level subjects (at least one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary
- Level subjects including English, Mathematics, a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Art’s subject (for science students).
3. Admission of Higher National Diploma (HND) candidates to first-degree programmes:
- Applicant must have graduated with a good HND certificate (at least second class lower division). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a minimum of two (2) years post-HND qualification working experience. Other diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) may be similarly considered.
4. Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) candidates:
- Passes in three (3) subjects (at least one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
5. Mature Students’ entry:
- Mature students entry avenues to tertiary education provide opportunities for people who could not do so earlier to further their education at the tertiary level after years in the workplace.
- The applicant must be at least twenty-five (25) years old, at the time of registration and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate document.
- An applicant must pass the mature students’ entrance examinations conducted by GIMPA in English, Mathematics and an Aptitude test.
6. Foreign Qualifications:
- All foreign qualifications would be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana in accordance with the National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)].Note should be taken however that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into GIMPA.
7. Professional and other entry qualifications:
- All professional certificates and any other qualification beyond the ones specified above would be referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission to university. Note that the Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) qualification cannot, in itself, be used for admission into tertiary education institutions and programmes in Ghana.
- WASSCE Awaiting Results:
Candidates who write the May/June WASSCE examinations are given the opportunity to apply for provisional admission into the daytime (8:00 am – 3:00 pm) 4-year bachelor’s degree programmes.
- Transfer from Other Universities:
Students from other universities who wish to transfer to GIMPA have the opportunity to do so. They must be in good standing from their former university. The application should include applicant’s SSSCE, WASSCE or GCE Ordinary and Advanced levels results, and a transcript from the transferring university.
GIMPA Application Forms
Click and download any application form you wish to apply for, fill and follow the procedures on the form to submit.
NON EXAMINABLE COURSES
|School/Department||Application Forms||Reference Forms|
|Business School||CMD Application Form||Attached|
|School of Technology||ICT Project Management||Attached|
|School of Public Service & Governance||Short Training Programmes||Attached|
|GIMPA Consultancy Services||GCS Application form||Attached|
| Centre for Health Systems and Policy Research
|CHESPOR Application form||Attached|
P. O. Box AH50,
Achimota, Accra, Ghana
INVITATION: You Are Invited to Join the SchoolGH Forum Community. Click Here To SignUp Now...