Global Communities Jobs Vacancy 2019 for Nutrition Specialist, Orora Wihaze Program, Rwanda
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Global Communities Jobs Vacancy 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Global Communities Jobs Vacancy 2019
Position title: Nutrition Specialist, Orora Wihaze Program, Rwanda
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities is seeking an experienced Nutrition Specialist for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze program. The purpose of the Rwanda Orora Wihaze (i.e., Orora Wihaze) activity is to sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of animal-source foods (ASF) through development of a profitable market. The activity will improve the dietary diversity of women of reproductive age (15-49 years of age), especially pregnant and lactating women (PLW), and of children between the ages of 6 to 23 months (CU2) in poor, rural households.
The Nutrition Specialist will lead the nutrition component of the activity. S/he is responsible for the overall design, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the program’s nutrition objectives. This will include design of behavior change and communication interventions and integration of nutrition interventions in the production and market components of the activity. S/he will closely work with other donors involved in nutrition interventions, the Rwanda Ministry of Health and local health centers to ensure coordinated nutrition interventions. This will also include coordination with other USAID-funded nutrition interventions.
- Master’s degree or equivalent training in nutrition science or dietetics with focus on diet formulation for women, infants and children;
- Five (5) years of progressive professional experience working as a member of a development team with responsibility for design and leadership of nutrition-sensitive agriculture programs focused on reducing malnutrition by improving the diets of women and children in rural poor households;
- Experience leading nutrition improvement programs in Rwanda or a country with a similar rural socio-economic setting or in nutrition research in a Rwandan university is highly desirable; and
- Demonstrated successful experience collaborating across programs and strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, the private sector, other development project teams, NGOs, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
Rwandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.