Table of Contents
Ho Technical University Cut Off Points For Admissions… The Ho Technical University HTU Cut-off Points required for Admission into the institution.
SchoolGH has published the Ho Technical University Cut Off Points as released on the institution’s official website by the management of Ho Technical University (HTU) for the 2018/2019 academic year.
There are certain criteria to be observed before being admitted to study in any of the courses in any tertiary institution in Ghana. One of these which include meeting the required cut-off points for each school as well as the courses itself. It is very easy to obtain admission if one has met the required cut off mark for the admission into a particular course.
The following is the Ho Technical University admission requirements and cut-off points to consider before applying for Admission to any academic programme available at HTU for the 2018/2019 Academic Year.
Ho Technical University Cut Off Points For Admissions
Details of the Ho Technical University Cut off points 2018. These cut-off points are only to guide us and hence are not fixed.
HTU Admission Requirements:
TOP-UP BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (B-Tech) PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Technology, Hospitality and Tourism Management (Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Automobile Engineering (Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Agricultural Engineering (Weekend)
- HND in related field or fields of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- Any other equivalent qualification
iii. Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Automotive and Production options)
- HND Building Technology
- HND Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Food Technology
- HND Statistics
- HND Agro-Enterprise Development
- HND Computer Science
- HND Information Communication Technology (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Accountancy (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Marketing (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Banking and Finance (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Purchasing and Supply (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Industrial Art (options: Graphic Design, Ceramics, Painting, Textiles, and Sculpture)
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles (Regular and Weekends)
- Six Passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics: and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
- Six Passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
III. DBS HOLDERS
Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
Five (5) GBCE credits of five (5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English
Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
TECHNICIAN PART II/III HOLDERS
Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
VII. TECHNICAL SCHOOL (CERTIFICATE II) HOLDERS
Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
VII. MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in relevant area)
- And/or pass an interview.
C.NON-TERTIARYPROGRAMMES AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Course Duration: 2 YEARS for applicants with qualifications (i) and (ii)
- Pass in Intermediate Fashion/NVTI Grade One; OR
- SSSCE/WASSCECertificate with passes in four (4) subjects including English, Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art.
MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART I (MVT I) / AGRIC ENGINEERING
TECHNICIAN PART I
Course Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
- Pass in General Course in Engineering.
- MotorVehicle Mechanics Work (MVW)
- Agricultural Mechanics; OR
- Credit in 825/1 Internal Combustion Engine Work and 825/2 Vehicle Work. OR
- 815/1Motor Vehicles Craft Work and a minimum of TWO YEARS relevant Industrial Experience.
MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART II (MVT II)/ AGRIC ENGINEERING
TECHNICIAN PART II
Course Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
- MotorVehicle Technician Part I Certificate or
- AgriculturalEngineering Technician Part I.
CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART I (CTC I)- Course
Duration: 1 YEAR
SSSCE / WASSCE Applicants
- Passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Core Science plus two (2) relevant Technical or Science elective subjects. OR
- General Course in Construction (G.C.C.) Certificate. OR
- Advanced Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery (C&J) or Painting and Decorating (P&D) or Block-laying and Concreting (B&C).
CONSTRUCTIONTECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART II (CTC II)–Course Duration: 1 YEAR
- Applicantsmust have Construction Technician Part I Certificate.
CERTIFICATE II PROGRAMME – Course Duration: 2 years
- Passes in two core subjects i.e Mathematics, English, Integrated Science/Core
Science/Agriculture Science plus passes in any two (2) relevant electives
- CookeryN.V.T.I Grade 1&2 Certificate holders
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (ACCOUNTING, SECRETARYSHIP,
MARKETING, MANAGEMENT AND STATISTICS OPTIONS)
- Passes in (4) subjects: i.e. English, Mathematics and any other two relevant subjects.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE APPLICANTS
- Four(4) passes at General Business Certificate Examination (RSA II) including English
Language and Business Communication.
VIII. DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – Course Duration: 2 years
- SSSCE: 3 credits or better with passes in English Language or Mathematics.
- WASSCE:3 credits or better with passes in English Language or Mathematics.
iii. General Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) with passes in English Language and
- Candidates with 2 passes or more in DBS will do one (1) year only.
EEETECHNICIAN PART III(Course Duration – 1 Year)
- Applicants must have EEE Technician Part II Certificate
EEETECHNICIAN PART II (Course Duration -1 Year)
- Passes in 3 courses in EET I
- Advanced Electrical Installation (Course C) Certificate.
- Passes in Core English Language, Core Mathematics, Core Science / Integrated Science and elective subjects including Physics, Mathematics and either Chemistry or Applied Electricity OR Electronics OR Biology.
- Technical Drawing is acceptable in place of Chemistry.
iii. In all five (5) subjects with aggregate 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
EEETECHNICIAN PART I
- Passes in Electrical Installation Works (Course B) Certificate
- Passes in Core English Language, Mathematics, Science /Integrated Science plus 2 passes in elective
Mathematics and either Physics, Applied Electricity, or Electronics or Technical Drawing.
XII. PRE-HND ACCESS COURSE FOR TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL SCHOOL GRADUATES
The duration of this programme is one year. It is designed for graduates of Technical and Vocational Institutions who have successfully completed their programmes of study and wish to pursue an HND programme in the University.
- Applicants should posses a minimum qualification of Intermediate or Craft Certificate or its equivalent in the relevant area of study.
- Students with SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C6) in any two relevant electives.
Successful Pre-HND candidates will proceed to enroll in any of the following Programmes:
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Automobile Engineering
- HND Building and Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HND Fashion Design & Textile
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Hotel, Catering & Institutional Management
- HND Food Technology
🔥 RECOMMENDED POSTS:
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019