ICF Recruitment 2018 for Global Health Security Project Manager – Jobs in Ghana
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the ICF Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
ICF Recruitment 2018
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a Global Health Security Project Manager who will assist CDC Ghana staff in the ongoing implementation of Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA). Global Health Security Project Manager will serve as an advisor/consultant for prevention and control activities of endemic infectious disease conditions; provide advice on solutions to problems which require an in-depth knowledge of public health practice, including the areas such as epidemiology, laboratory science, and infectious diseases to a multitude of CDC partners; offer technical assistance and monitoring support to the efforts of CDC and the government of Ghana; and will build capacity in the areas of surveillance and epidemiology, laboratory systems, workforce development, and emergency management and response.
Candidates will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Global Health Security Project Manager will establish and maintain effective working relationships with various ministries, departments, partners, and other related governmental agencies, academic institutions, non-governmental organizations and international health organizations to support health security in Ghana, through achievement of GHSA’s goals to prevent, detect and respond to public health threats. She or he will monitor and measure the outcomes of these programs by evaluating the effectiveness of project activities in meeting CDC programmatic objectives, national recommendations and policies of various bilateral cooperative agreements between the United States Government and international partners. Other areas of work include integrating financial data to assist in program planning, budget formulation and execution. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide program coordination, oversight, and technical assistance in monitoring GHSA program.
- Provide project management and technical consultation and assistance to CDC-Ghana with GHSA implementing partners, host government ministry collaborators and non-governmental organizations in implementation of GHSA Roadmap/National Health Security Plan activities.
- Ensure initiative goals, objectives, targets and work plan aligns with overall GHSA Roadmap/National Health Security strategy and other agency priorities.
- Project Management
- Participate with GHSA USG Interagency team as well as external partners in planning for needs for the GHSA Ghana portfolio.
- Work closely with the GHSA team and partners in developing strategies and methods for implementation. Responsible for task allocation and coordination, setting and meeting development timelines, identifies implementation and execution of strategies.
- Conduct routine site visits and work closely with designated program managers in each partner organization as well as agency technical leads in related program.
- Travel to districts to provide technical assistance and monitoring of programmatic activities. During site visits, review progress and monitor the process (including resource allocation), outcome and impact of GHSA-related activities, identifies implementation achievements as well as challenges in performance, and initiates appropriate actions in consultation with the Ministry of Health/Ghana Health Service, implementing partners and CDC.
- Exercise judgment in planning and carrying out tasks, in resolving problems and conflicts, and in taking steps necessary to meet deadlines. Facilitate appropriate information sharing for disseminating progress on tasks. Ensure all information sharing and communication is done accurately and timely both internally and externally.
- Coordinate and develop materials aligned with GHSA project goals and objectives.
- Routinely provide briefings and recommendations to CDC on key stakeholder (cooperative agreement partners) issues as they occur.
- Conduct regular meetings and ad hoc communications with global, country/local agencies to effectively facilitate the completion of programmatic and reporting goals and objectives, to include telephone, email, face-to-face meetings, and trainings.
- Make oral presentations as necessary.
- Maintain files and records specific to project activities/programs for which contractor is responsible. Program files include reports, meeting summaries and minutes, copies of all grants/cooperative agreements/contracts, as well as technical documentation (technical considerations, target files, etc.). Whenever possible these records will be filed electronically for recordkeeping purposes.
- Complete and maintain up-to-date certification for all CDC and Center for Global Health-required trainings including Security Awareness Training.
- Develop semi-annual work plan for all tasks
- Master’s Level Degree in Public Health
- Four years experience in coordinating public health programs at regional, national, local levels
- International experience in West African region
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, seeking advice and support when necessary.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience in development of strategic documents, briefing documents, and reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English on a daily basis with various groups (speaking, reading and writing)
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance to be considered for this position.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management and prioritization practices
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Knowledge of Global Health Security
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here:
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at.
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More