KECTIL Youth Leadership Program 2019 for Young Leaders in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to the US)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for KECTIL Youth Leadership Program 2019 for Young Leaders in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to the US)… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
KECTIL Youth Leadership Program 2019
The Kectil Program was created to identify and nurture highly talented youth in developing countries who have the potential to make a positive difference in their communities and countries.
- Type: Training
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Number of Awardees: 15
- Duration of Programme: 1 year
- Award Provider: Knowles Educational and Charitable Trust for International Leadership (KECTIL)
- To be taken at (country): Online, USA (for the Youth Leadership Conference)
About the Award: KECTIL that refers to the Knowles Educational and Charitable Trust for International Leadership, is based on the following principles:
- Creating an authentic, collaborative network of high potential youth from developing and least developed countries can break down prejudices, lead to cultural, religious and gender understanding and give youth the comfort that they are more than just themselves– they are part of a mutual youth-based support system with the goal to make a positive difference in their lives, their Colleagues’ lives and the lives of those in their communities.
- Identifying, embracing and mentoring high potential youth (17-24) from developing and least developed countries can have a dramatic effect on the youths’ dreams, service to others and life accomplishments.
- Nothing comes easy and there is “no free lunch.” The results will not be achieved without hard work, dedication and an open mindedness to cultural understanding and compassion.
Kectil comprises of the following program categories:
- Web-Based Mentoring Program
- Monthly Kectil Talks with Leaders in Science, Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Public Service
- Assignments & Sharing
- Connect with other students on social media (Facebook & Twitter) with facilitated web-based group discussions
- Youth Leadership Conference
- Intensive Leadership Training, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Workshop, Meetings with Successful Leaders, and Creation of Network of Youth Peers in Developing Countries
- Alumni Web-Portal
- Maintenance of Network of Youth Peers in Developing Countries, Interaction with New Youth Participants, Availability of Mentorship from Program
Eligibility: Participants must be talented Youth (aged 17-25) at least developed and developing countries who have demonstrated a talent and passion for leadership, scholarship or innovation, are proficient in English and have access to a computer and the internet.
Value of Programme:
- The Kectil Program will select fifteen of the most active participants in the Web-based Program to be given a special award.
- The participants will have attended all of the Sessions and completed the online pre and post assignments.
- The Kectil Program will host a Youth Leadership Conference in Atlanta the first week of August 2018 for a select group of highly qualified youth from least developed and developing countries.
- The conference will include intensive leadership training, an innovation and entrepreneurial workshop, community service training, and meetings with successful leaders in a small group interactive setting.
- The Conference will provide additional instruction over and above the year-long web-based program to Kectil Colleagues who have the greatest potential to be future leaders and who come from communities in most need of passionate and positive youth role models.
- The Conference will be held on the campus of Emory University. Participants will stay in University dormitory rooms and will eat in a cafeteria serviced by the University dining program.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua,Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Application form – How to Apply: Please Register to Submit An Application
- Interested Participants must go through the Application requirements before registering to submit an application.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of KECTIL Youth Leadership Program 2019 for Young Leaders in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to the US) for more information.