Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Recruitment 2018
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Recruiting For Bar Manager
To produce an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by managing a service team. The Bar Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the bar, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximising profit.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
• Responsible to Head of Department/ Assistant Head of Department.
• Responsible for Assistant Bar Manager, Bartenders, Barmen / Barmaids, Host / Hostess.
• Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
• Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
• Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
• Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
• Understand thoroughly the concept of the bar and train all employees of the outlet in regards to the concept.
• Set an example in terms of service and products knowledge.
• Prepare the bar menu design in cooperation with the bartending team and Chef Sommelier / Sommelier.
• Organise tastings of new menus.
• Have an excellent understanding of beverages in general including ingredients and techniques to ensure the right beverage / cocktail / spirit can be recommended.
• Have an excellent understanding of both classic and modern cocktails, their recipes and history.
• Accomplish all internal cocktail trainings by the hotel as well as support external trainings and workshops.
• Be involved in the overall wine sales of the hotel including all areas such as banquet events, Minibar, In Room Dining.
• Participate in supplier meetings to negotiate beneficial agreements for the hotel or respective areas to ensure the best possible prices.
• Know and understand the social scene of the destination, being recognized in the market as well as understanding night life.
• Hold monthly trainings to the Food & Beverage team to ensure product knowledge is fostered.
• Develop cocktail specials, signature drinks and foster creativity and innovation within the bartending team.
• Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
• Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
• Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
• Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
• Assist in preparation of the outlet’s budget.
• Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
• Obtain an account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for outlet floats when and as required.
• Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
• Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
• Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotel’s People Services Department.
• Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
• Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
• Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
• Attend all required trainings as described by the department.
• Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to employees on preparation, guest profile, service and menu served.
• Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
• Prepare and review all departmental operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
• Constantly improve the product quality by sourcing the best available products.
• Support activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
• Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction of the outlet with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
• Organise all required outlet specific trainings as described by the department.
• Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
• Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
• Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
• Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
• Act as Food & Beverage Duty Manager during the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department.
• Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.