Literacy Bridge Ghana Recruitment 2019 for Executive Director
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Literacy Bridge Ghana Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Literacy Bridge Ghana Recruitment 2019
A US based on NGO is looking an Executive Director.
Lead the Growth of an Award-Winning Program
Have you led and grown small organizations or departments within large organizations?
Are you looking for a big challenge that could improve the health and income of millions of the most vulnerable Ghanaians?
Would you like to contribute to a model that can impact dozens of millions more in other countries around the world?
If you answered yes, you may be the woman or man we are looking for.
Literacy Bridge Ghana is a community development organization that makes knowledge and skills available to the most vulnerable families in the hardest-to-reach communities. Our solution is based on the “Talking Book”, which provides audio messages on development topics, records user feedback, and was specifically designed for people who cannot read and who often live without reliable electricity. We co-developed this program with Amplio Network (a U.S. NGO), and we are the exclusive provider of the program in Ghana. We have supported partners like CARE, MEDA, UNICEF, and Winrock with the Talking Book Program to reach people in Ghana’s most remote communities with critical local-language information to improve health, income, and quality of life. We are at a pivotal moment in our ten-year history. We have an incredible team of hard-working people who have successfully reached 400,000 people with our Talking Book Program and demonstrated the impact it has made. We now need the right leader to scale-up our operations to reach millions more.
This position reports to the board of directors and requires close collaboration with
Amplio Network. We are looking for an Executive Director who will excel in the following:
- Organizational Leadership o Lead and motivate a team of 10-15 people, understanding and further developing our organizational culture and their individual strengths to allow each person to be as productive and fulfilled as possible.
- Organizational Management o In collaboration with the board of directors, develop and revise strategic plan, focusing on sustainable growth;
- Ensure staffing levels and structure meet program needs; o Continuously build staff capacity linked to performance evaluations; o Oversee the financial health of the organization, anticipating future cash flow; find patterns in our past expenditures to develop better models for predicting budgetary needs or new cost-saving approaches;
- Lead annual reporting
- Manage efficient and cost-effective import/export of Talking Books; o Oversee management of website, social media and development of high quality human interest stories.
- Program and Partnership Development o Exceed partner expectations by overseeing high-quality program implementation and by developing strong relationships with partner executives to understand their needs and concerns;
- Develop new business partnerships by presenting publicly and to potential partners and by overseeing proposal development.
- Develop relationships with national authorities, other NGOs and foreign aid offices to raise public awareness on Talking Book programs and identify funding and partnership opportunities;
- Fundraising/Business Development o Set up a fundraising program with the Board of Directors to cover administrative and other costs not covered by the Programs.
- File applications for grant funds to cover other costs for growth.
Knowledge & Work Experience
- Masters degree or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience that has included:
- At least 5 years of experience in executive or senior management collaboratively leading a culturally diverse staff within Ghana;
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, ideally including behavior change communication programs;
- Inspiring audiences with public speaking;
- High level financial management of organizational budgets and cash flow;
- Robust knowledge of international donor guidelines and procedures;
- Developing partnerships through professional networks in Ghana and in neighboring countries;
- Human resources management;
- Addressing challenges related to gender within organizations and rural communities;
- Analyzing, problem-solving, and strategic planning.
- Preference will be given to candidates having demonstrated experience with:
- international NGOs, ideally managing development programs with prime-sub partnerships;
- program design, work planning, implementation and evaluation;
- three or more of the following areas: social behavior change communications, advocacy, community development, agriculture extension, gender, maternal and child health, and sexual reproductive health and rights; and,
- living in northern Ghana and working with rural communities.
Our Core Values
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate these core competencies
- Respect: We are dedicated to treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
- Integrity: We believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work and we conduct our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency.
- Creativity: We encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve and our partners.
- Excellence: We strive to provide programs that meet and exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (communities, staff, partners, and donors).
- Empowerment: We are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about actively participating and finding solutions to problems which arise.
Compensation is negotiable based on qualifications and experience and will be competitive with similar organizations.
Location and Travel
This position will be based in Tamale with regular travel throughout Ghana and periodically internationally.
Location; Upper West- Wa
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only Ghanaian nationals and candidates with Ghana work authorization should apply.
Qualified women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date : 1st March, 2019
Ensure that you mention www.jobwebghana.com as the source of this job advert.
Job Location; Upper West- Wa