MODEC Ghana Recruitment 2018 for Senior Instruments & Controls Engineer – Jobs in Ghana
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the MODEC Ghana Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
MODEC Ghana Recruitment 2018
Provides daily and ongoing controls & instrumentation engineering onshore support to the MODEC Ghana Facility Operations, two FPSO’s: KNK and TEN. The MODEC Ghana Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Lead’s role is to complete the Controls & Instrumentation engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specifically acting as Technical focal point for day-to-day Instrumentation & controls, functional safety metering and telecommunications equipment issues & support for work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations. Manage a team of Instrumentation and Controls Engineers.
- Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility.
- Liaisons with offshore Maintenance team to ensure scheduled Instrumentation & Controls, Functional Safety Metering and Telecommunications Maintenance activities are completed.
- Provides production and operations engineering change support for the Facilities systems including power generation, production process control systems, utility and marine systems.
- Provides Instrumentation & Controls, Functional Safety, Metering and Telecommunications support to the FPSO systems technicians, engineers and managers.
- Strong troubleshooting & knowledge with integrated control & safety systems, programmable logic controllers and associated hardware is desirable, specifically for:
- Power generation, gas turbine units
- Other applicable FPSO PLC’s
- FCS / FGS / SIS.
- Knowledge and remain abreast of relevant codes, standards and legislative requirements.
- Management and coordination of all project processes from budget preparation, financial approvals, schedule and cost estimates, risk and quality management, project execution and closure.
- Lead and participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) assessments.
- Resource planning for current and future projects.
- Previous experience with the operation and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems within a large scale process plant.
- Identify, review, and approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facility’s equipment and packages that relate to the electrical & instrumentation components of all management of change engineering change request work scopes.
- Liaise with vendors, sub-contractors & appropriate Technical Authority (TA) to improve equipment performance, & deliver operational & project modifications to improve operational efficiency.
- Identify, develop, and complete Management of Change, Engineering Change Requests including Engineering assessments and Software Change Requests with respect to all instrumentation & control, metering and telecommunications engineering related systems and equipment. This includes the design and engineering standards and specifications review and development. Proposed change markups, equipment sizing, engineering proposals & calculations as required for project approval.
- Analyses and reports findings on the performance monitoring activities related specifically to operational issues troubleshooting. Identifies any areas of concern and provides recommendations to the operations team for resolution.
- Carry out routine audits & onsite inspections to ensure the condition & operation of instrument and control equipment is in accordance with operations and required performance procedures.
- Provides ongoing progress reports to the MoC Lead with respect to the change request work activities and any identified issues.
- Prepares project cost estimates for schedules, specifications for labor, and material and equipment. Completes technical bid evaluations of contractor/vendor bid submissions.
- Plans and manages work scopes with company approved contractors for the facility.
- Provide guidance & direction in the preparation / implementation of service support & healthcare contracts, including sourcing suitable vendors.
- Completes ongoing monitoring of the facility electrical & instrumentation equipment and systems.
- Directs technicians and contractors to ensure MODEC Ghana Limited objectives and targets are met with regard to budget, safety, risk, quality, and engineering standards.
- Engages external fabrication and local service providers, within the assigned authority levels.
- A tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation & Control engineering or equivalent.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced Instrumentation Engineer.
- 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
- Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with instrumentation & control systems, field transmitters, actuated modulating control & on/off valves, analysers, functional safety, metering systems & compliance and telecommunication systems.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management system, preferably MAXIMO.
- Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Escape Training) qualification and UKOOA accredited offshore medical clearance certificate are required for offshore travel to the FPSO
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More
- TZNGUGZA RWCM ZW LS MW SD ZM