New Vacancies At FAO Ghana 2017
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
Job Title: Programme Officer (Results Monitoring), P-3 (2006475)
The Programme Officer reports to the Programme Planning and Budget Officer, under the general supervision of the Regional Programme Leader
Contribute to results-based and resources planning and monitoring
Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate assigned programme/projects.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation;
• Reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions;
• Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies, etc.;
• Prepares various written outputs, e.g. drafts background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.;
• Undertakes outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
• Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Facilitates and supports corporate work planning to ensure that the Regional and Sub-regional Offices plan the response to Country Offices requirements as part of the work planning process
• Facilitates and supports the use of corporate tools to collect information at country, sub-regional and regional level on outputs and outcomes of the Strategic Framework, Regional Initiatives and Country Programming Frameworks (CPFs)
• Facilitates implementation of FAO Corporate Monitoring and Reporting framework in the Africa region including Operational Monitoring, preparation of the Mid Term Report, Programme Implementation Report and Africa Regional Conference reports
• Provides monitoring and evaluation (M-E) guidance and support to country and sub-regional offices on CPFs, the Regional Initiatives and the field programmes/projects
• Provides input on findings from the M-E systems and advise management at sub regional, regional and HQ levels with the view of enhancing the delivery and impact of the organization
• Supports the Regional Programme Coordination Unit (RPCU) and FAO Representation (FAOR) Network with reviewing results information in FAOR Annual Reports.
• Supports Regional Programme Leader (RPL) with regular monitoring and review of results information in the Region
• Supports quality assurance review of projects Logical Framework Matrices (LFMs), CPFs results matrices results
• Promotes the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Results-based reporting among all levels within the Africa region
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in agricultural economics, economics, business administration or public administration, social science, political science or a related field
• Five years of relevant experience in results management and in project formulation, appraisal, implementation and monitoring
• Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience and knowledge in results management and project formulation, appraisal, implementation and monitoring.
• Familiarity with Monitoring and Evaluation standards and principles and with results-based management concepts
• Knowledge of FAO M-E requirements would be an advantage;
• Extent and relevance of experience in Africa would be an asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your iRecruitment online profile (see “How to Apply”). We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list
• Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of 2 years
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments
🔥 RECOMMENDED POSTS:
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019