Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2019 for Complaints and Grievance Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2019
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Ensure that NGGL Information Centres are accessible to community members to lodge complaints and grievances to help sustain company-community relationship and provide support for front line management of Ahafo Site community issues, complaints and grievances.
Community Information Office Management
- Responsible for the opening and manning of the Newmont Information Offices in the Ahafo South Mine communities.
- Respond to enquiries from key stakeholders and act as medium to send correspondences to and from Company to stakeholders.
- Manage the use of the Community Information Offices by company and external stakeholders for meetings.
Complaints & Grievances Management
- Receives all complaints (Written/verbal) conduct preliminary discussions with the Complainant to understand his/her complaint and to establish its eligibility.
- Solicit all additional information, contacts to help future engagements with Resolving Officer.
- Explains the C&G resolution process to the Complainant to help in the appreciation of time and stages required to resolve the complaint.
Management of Non-Grievance Correspondence
- Receive all non- grievance letters and solicit contacts for any future engagements where required.
- Ensure that all letters from external stakeholders to S&ER meant for the company are scanned and uploaded into Cintellate
Community Events Management (Accidents/Incidents)
- Facilitates community entry for investigations into Accidents/incidents involving NGGL/Contractor vehicle and community members.
- Coordinate the implementation of actions required to close out Accidents/incidents involving NGGL/Contractor vehicle and community members
- Submit reports on Information office management, Complaints and grievance received and community events management to the Complaints and Grievance
Health and Safety
- Report all incidents and accidents in the work group to enable management to identify areas for improvement in work practices.
- First Degree in Social Science or related discipline.
- Good understanding of Local Culture
- At least 4 years relevant experience in grievance management / resolution, administration, public relations, a legal environment,
- Good interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds)
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Strong planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
- Strong consultation skills
- Strong assessment skills
- A strong conflict resolution skill a must Risk management skills
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong Leadership
- Strong Detail Focus.
- Directive and takes initiative.
There is a potential risk to health and personal abuse during duty.
- However, working environment of incumbent is safe. Unsafe conditions have been identified and measures have been put in place either to eliminate or mitigate unsafe working conditions
- Besides planned work, daily activities are determined by emerging business needs and priorities as dictated by Management. This situation leads to performing different tasks at the same time.