Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2019 for Environmental Laboratory Coordinator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2019
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Coordinate all aspects relating to the Ahafo site laboratory management to ensure all related environmental policies, procedures and standards, Ghanaian laws and regulations as well as Newmont Corporate Environmental Standards are complied with at all times.
Environmental Laboratory Analysis
- Conduct laboratory tests as required and ensure procedures are conducted in accordance with protocols and QA/QC procedures.
- Develop and manage environmental monitoring protocols and reporting including QA/QC for Water quality
- Ensure the dispatch of water, soil and tissue samples and the preparation of chains of custody for certified Laboratories for analysis.
Environmental Data Collection and Assurance
- Managing and maintaining the Environmental data system- by continuously collating and validating environmental data.
- Conduct inventory assessments to ensure necessary supplies are available to conduct monitoring programs
- Manage environmental data analysis and trends to measure the effectiveness of environmental management programs
- Identify trends in environmental monitoring data.Report all non-compliance issues immediately
- Develop and update standard operating procedures for various laboratory analysis
- Register and track compliance
- Report non-compliances immediately to management
- Develop corrective action plans and track to completion, where required.
- Participate in Emergency response activities and demonstrate ability to coordinate response activities in the field
- Approve the laboratory analysis and dispatch schedules
- Develop schedule for the department’s weekly safety meeting
Training & Experience
- University Degree in Chemistry or Environmental Science
- Minimum of 5 years environmental management experience working in the mining or related industrial operations
- Analytical skills
- Change Management skills
- Computer literacy
- Coordination skills
- Organising skills
- Technical Reading
- Deadline Driven
- Results Driven
- Safety conscious
Working environment of incumbent is safe. Unsafe conditions have been identified and measures have been put in place either to eliminate or mitigate unsafe working conditions
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.