Check Out: Lists of Universities Admission Forms in Ghana 2018/2019 (Updated Daily)
Oxfam Job Vacancy: Economic Justice Programme & Campaign Coordinator, Requirement and Application Details
To work with others to achieve positive change for people in Ghana, by delivering Oxfam Ghana’s Joint country strategy. The team will support Civil Society organizations to develop and deliver targeted and effective advocacy work (using research, lobbying, popular mobilization, and media) to influence the development of Ghanaian policy and practice on agriculture, extractives and health
From Oxfam’s campaigns and national priorities develop and manage Oxfam’s advocacy and policy positions, strategy and plan in Ghana, in liaison with programme teams and country Leadership team and in align with joint country analysis and strategy and country operation plan support single management processes. Serving as Oxfam GBs lead in economic justice, managing the GROW campaign support, facilitating support to sustainable livelihoods, accompany Ghanaian organizations to plan and deliver targeted and effective advocacy on agriculture, especially on the Shea nut industry, SADA and with a link to national and regional trade policy.
Management of a budget or of significant processes and relationships, particularly with partners and external contacts. Contribute to strategic development at a wider level
- Development, management and implementation of long-term advocacy and campaign strategies, delivering on Oxfam’s mission to achieve changes in policy and practice, and contributing to regional and global campaigns.
- Achievement of goals through influencing external and internal policies and agendas, using sound political judgment, sensitivity, and strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Identifying, building and management of significant external relationships, including with partners, allies, lobby targets and media contacts, and forging close collaboration with some of these.
- Forward planning and management of projects/development of strategy within own specialism
- Accompaniment and building skills of partner organisations; development of advocacy skills and understanding of colleagues.
- Provision of specialist advice and specific skills to mainstream and reinforce advocacy work with partners.
- Management of complex internal relationships, including with Oxfam programme staff, regional and global advocacy staff, and advocacy colleagues within other Oxfam affiliates and Oxfam International
- Making strategic and informed decisions, based on technical expertise, consultation with colleagues and allies, political analysis and strong problem-solving skills.
- Analysis, interpretation, production and communication of complex information.
- Significant representation of Oxfam to the media and other external audiences, requiring an understanding of how to manage our reputation.
- Development and support of alliances, networks and coalitions, as appropriate.
- Adaptation to changing context and opportunities
- With partners, develop and prioritise key objectives for Ghana’s EJ campaigns work, based on the strengths, gaps and interests of partners; and the focus, added-value, expertise and policy positions of Oxfam within the Joint Context analysis and Strategy.
- Working with partners, allies and Oxfam International (OI) colleagues, develop well-focused strategies to achieve these objectives, to be rooted in long-term partnerships with Ghanaian civil society organisations, ensuring a strong link between grassroots and national-level work.
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on work plans based on these strategies, including through regular reports to the Country Director.
- Accompany partners in planning, delivering, monitoring and evaluating advocacy strategies to increase and improve delivery of agriculture policy in Ghana.
- Work closely with OGB and Oxfam International colleagues outside Ghana, particularly at regional level on trade and agriculture work, in order to accompany partners in planning, delivering, monitoring and evaluating advocacy strategies to ensure that Ghana and ECOWAS promote international policies that benefit the region and the world’s poor.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge, understanding and analysis of relevant government and donor policy and practice and civil society campaign initiatives in Ghana, in order to inform Oxfam and partner advocacy work.
- Manage relationships with lobby targets, including government ministries, parliamentarians, donors, and international institutions; maintain regular contact to ensure ongoing access to relevant information.
- Work closely with OGB and Oxfam International colleagues to ensure coherence between policy lines and other advocacy work at national, regional and international levels, and to ensure that global campaigns are informed by Ghana’s experience.
- Identify the capacity gaps of advocacy partners and allies, and – drawing on OI or allies’ support – build their skills in political and policy analysis, campaigns, lobbying and media (as needed) through mentoring; facilitating peer learning; sourcing or producing materials and tools; organising workshops; or other training.
- Plan and coordinate research to support advocacy on focus issues, including by drafting Terms of References, conducting and / or commissioning research, managing consultancies, and disseminating findings.
- Work closely with the Regional Media Officer to get media coverage for our partners’ advocacy work in Ghana and to identify and organise media training opportunities where necessary.
- Ensure cross programme learning on policy advocacy and communications through a variety of approaches
- Ensure gender equity issues are address in advocacy and communication policies and statements
- Manage the agriculture advocacy team implementation of performance management, including objective setting, performance review and personal development plans. Ensuring that all aspects of Oxfam’s work, programme themes, Facilitation, gender equity, and advocacy are reflected in annual objectives
- Support and encourage the work of the rest of the Oxfam Ghana team, including by working closely with the Advocacy Manager (Health), Extractive Industry Programme Officer especially on joint partners, targets and networking.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management team in the overall planning and management of Oxfam GB- Ghana
- Assume leadership in relevant OI working groups
Technical Skills, Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Strong campaigning experience demonstrated by examples of impact on significant policy change.
- An understanding of how to use policy analysis, research, lobbying, public campaigning, media, communications and alliance-building to influence a political agenda.
- Proven experience of engaging with and influencing decision-makers, and sound political judgment and sensitivity.
- An understanding of Ghanaian campaigns, movements and civil society organisations, and of the functioning and relationships of key players in development, including Southern governments, donor governments, international institutions, and civil society.
- A drive to achieve results; a high level of personal energy and pro-activity, demonstrated by concrete examples of achievement and initiative taken in previous roles
- Significant experience of working in partnership with grassroots civil society organisations, national and international NGOs and networks and development agencies; understanding of how to accompany and build the capacity of partner organisations.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Ghanaian national or regional campaign networks working on agriculture or trade policy.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and proven experience of strategy development.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and experience of planning, conducting or commissioning research.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex and sensitive organisational relationships.
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of marginalised people in all advocacy work.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Oxfam International’s values and mission.
- Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver outputs and reports to agreed deadlines.
- Fluent English.
Knowledge and experience of working with pan-African or West African national or regional campaign networks and technical knowledge of development policy in Ghana
Key Behavioural Competencies
|Decisiveness||We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.|
|Influencing||We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.|
|Humility||We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.|
|Relationship Building||We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organisation.|
|Listening||We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear, and consider different preferences.|
|MutualAccountability||We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.|
|Agility,Complexity, and Ambiguity||We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.|
|Systems Thinking||We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well-unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.|
|We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.|
|Vision Setting||We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.|
|Self-Awareness||We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.|
|Enabling||We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support. We give more freedom and demonstrate belief and trust, underpinned by appropriate support.|
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Oxfam Job Vacancy : Economic Justice Programme & Campaign Coordinator, Requirement and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.