Palladium Job Vacancies For BAS Advisor on Debt Recovery, Application Details
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
To that end, the project seeks a BAS Advisor on Debt Recovery to train local BAS providers on how to provide support for SMiLEs that have failed to pay back their loans on time. The BAS providers need assistance on how to work with their clients to structure manageable repayment schedules in collaboration with the lending institution, as well as how to establish their own fees for these services.
The assignment will also focus on training of the BAS providers on the keys areas to target when preparing SMiLEs for loans to put in place mitigation measures to reduce delinquency. Post disbursement activities of SMiLEs and their relationships to banks are of essence as it contributes to loan delinquencies leading to write-offs. The BAS Advisor on Debt Recovery must be able to identify these pre- and post-disbursement issues and tackle them during the trainings.
Activities to be undertaken shall include:
- Develop a one-day training for BAS providers on how to provide support to FIs and to SMiLEs for recovering bad debts.
- Train BAS providers on Pre-disbursement and Post-disbursement techniques to help SMiLEs prepare to pay loans effectively.
- Provide one-on-one assistance to 10-15 BAS providers, as needed, on how to develop appropriate fee structures for these services, fees from the FIs and fees from the SMiLEs.
- Perform any other tasks deemed necessary by the USAID FinGAP Chief of Party or his designate relating to this SOW.
- Engage BAS Association leaders to discuss ways of putting in place systems for sustainability.
- Develop a strategic plan to direct the activities of the Association.
The BAS Advisor shall meet the following deliverables to include:
- Training materials on how to provide support to FIs and to SMiLEs to recover bad debts
- Deliver training to BAS providers to prepare them on how to deal with pre- and post- disbursement issues to SMiLEs to prevent bad debts
- Handholding report on BAS providers trained on best ways of fee structuring
- Strategic plan developed and discussed with/presented to the BASPAG
- Final report on the assignment
LEVEL OF EFFORT and TIMING OF ASSIGNMENT
The consultant shall spend up to 30 work days on this assignment. Five-day work weeks are authorized.
It is expected that this assignment will commence in December 2017, with all technical assistance completed by February 2018. Planning and preparation to engage the BAS providers will be conducted in close coordination with the Agribusiness Opportunities Unit of USAID FinGAP.
The consultant will report to the Chief of Party, or to his designee and will work closely with the Agribusiness Opportunities Unit. All outputs and reports are to be delivered in writing, in English, and transmitted electronically.
- 8-10 years of experience in finance, agri-finance with knowledge in loan recoveries
- Experience in developing Business Association(s)
- Experience working with agribusiness firms in managing loan repayment and restructuring of bad debts, preferred
- Demonstrate ability to provide capacity building to agribusiness consultants on the effective management debt
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019