Resource Centre Network (RCN) Job Vacancy For Knowledge Management Coordinator
The Ghana Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Resource Centre Network (RCN) engages in a range of Knowledge Management (KM) activities geared towards the promotion of sector learning (in collaboration with Government and Partners), and hosted by IRC. The Network offers learning and sharing opportunity for sector players as one of the practical approaches to achieving a knowledge driven WASH sector that delivers quality and sustainable services in Ghana. RCN with the support of IRC and partners established a Secretariat which serves as the hub and a coordinating mechanism for WASH Sector Knowledge Management whilst at the same time facilitating learning and sharing across the sector – national, regional and district levels.
To help achieve its ambition, RCN is currently seeking candidates for the position of Knowledge Management Coordinator.
• The Knowledge Management Coordinator will provide leadership and expertise to the Knowledge Management Initiative, Resource Centre Network (RCN) Ghana by managing a range of KM activities and partner/sector mailing loop, transforming stakeholder findings into learning points to drive WASH sector targets.
• He/ she will support sector documentation and learning processes, advocacy and dissemination activities through internal and external campaigns to influence decision makers and practitioners; and to market learning and improve visibility to attract support and resources.
• He/she will also be responsible for the functions in the RCN Secretariat, formulation of learning plans and deployment of integrated learning activities across the sector and segments.
REPORTING & MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal candidate will report to the Communication and Learning Lead. S/he will work with partner/stakeholders to agree and review the business model for learning and formulate strategies to support implementation of the delivery of WASH priorities. Some of the specific activities are:
• Lead the review RCN governance and business strategy/plan to provide a focus and direction to learning/KM in the WASH Sector; and to ensure products and approaches are properly targeted and aligned to the sector strategy;
• Develop a fundraising strategy to facilitate resource mobilisation
• Collate, review and track learning trends and patterns, and support the development of decision support tools to inform adaptation of policy and practice;
• Regularly update the RCN website and social media platforms dedicated to support the sector; and undertake quality assurance of postings;
• Compile, review and disseminate relevant sector updates – sector mailing loop, sector events calendar, etc.
• Develop communication plans across the network segments; and create awareness within the network and externally using effective campaigns to drive interest and buy-in;
• Provide strategic inputs in process documentation, advocacy support and communication to promote scaling of solutions;
• Organise sector learning dialogues (NLLAP) and KM Sessions at national and district level and develop plans for its expansion and sustainability.
• Develop annual programme plans and budgets to facilitate the implementation of RCN’s activities
• Monitor and provide support to the delivery of partner projects with a focus on documentation and sharing of lessons;
• Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports covering both project implementation and finances in line with donor/partner agreements
• Manage divergent views and interest across different partners, organisations and focus areas to drive the achievement of a knowledgeable sector that is target-focused;
• Work closely with selected teams to identify critical areas of learning interest and training needs; ensuring coaching and training to build capacity and documents lessons;
• Ensure that knowledge products and learning activities adhere to all compliance and sector standards.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Excellent communication, information and knowledge management skills and a well-developed competence in partner/professional relations management.
• Extensive (Project/ Business) Management experience preferably in multi-country and / or multi-partner projects.
• Good knowledge of the WASH sector and areas of Ghanaian law including finance; employment and contracts
• High energy levels, persistence, flexibility, sense of responsibility and the capacity to motivate team members.
• The willingness to travel frequently both within Ghana and internationally
• Ghanaian nationality with ability to work in multi-cultural and racial environment
• Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience and knowledge of working in a multiple donor based/ NGO environment
• Minimum tertiary qualification in (project) management, development communications, knowledge management or any related qualification and/ or experience
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Contract Period: The position will be for an initial one year renewable contract, subject to good performance.
Monthly Remuneration: A competitive monthly salary with more than pleasant secondary labour conditions is offered in a stimulating and dynamic working environment where own initiative and self-development are greatly encouraged.
How To Apply For The Job
Application: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an application letter together with a detailed CV that includes a reliable telephone and email contact; and contacts of three referees with a clear indication of the position being applied for to:
No 18. Third Close
Airport Residential – Accra.
P.O. Box CT 9531
Cantonments – Accra
Email soft copies to:
Closing Date: 15 March, 2018
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted