Shawbell Consulting Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Shawbell Consulting Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Shawbell ConsultingEUWELD Nigeria Recruitment 2018
Shawbell Consulting Recruiting For Director, Legal Division
OUR CLIENT, A KEY GOVERNMENT MINISTRY, requires an experienced and seasoned lawyer to serve as its chief legal authority in the house, advising on legal matters, both internal and external. Charged with providing expert legal support to the Minister and the Ministry, as well as to other Governmental bodies, the Director, Legal Division will represent the Ministry at high-level negotiations, both locally and internationally, and will serve as the legal team lead on all legal matters and transactions falling within the Ministry’s ambit. The role also has functional managerial and administrative oversight of both legal & non-legal staff within the Division.
Reporting to the Chief Director, the Director of the Legal Division shall:
- Set the Strategy for the Legal Division within the broader context of the strategic goals and mandate of the Ministry.
- Manage the full range of legal issues that arise in the course of the Ministry’s work, and advise the Minister on all Legal matters.
- Draft agreements, and analyze and review all legal documents, including drafted contracts and legal correspondence.
- Scrutinize Memoranda prior to submission to Parliamentary & Cabinet.
- Liaise with the Attorney-General’s Department on matters falling within the domain of the Ministry.
- Represent the Ministry in local and international negotiations.
- Prepare pleadings for cases involving the Ministry.
- Collate and submit quarterly reports & deliverables of the Division to the Chief Director, and the Monitoring and Evaluation Division.
- Ensure that investigations are conducted into reported cases of offences committed within the Ministry and its agencies.
- Supervise and guide the work of the lawyers in the Legal Division
- Manage performance of Divisional staff and conduct performance reviews.
- Perform other tasks as may be directed by the Minister/Chief Director.
Required Skills or Experience
The successful candidate will present a superior combination of legal knowledge, experience & skill, and will have the following credentials:
- Will be a high-calibre, Ghana Bar-qualified lawyer of at least 20 years standing.
- A Masters degree in a business discipline, or an LLM would be an advantage.
- A solid legal career, with a combined minimum of ten (10) active years at a senior level within the public or private sector.
- Will be a seasoned & dynamic professional who has effectively controlled the legal function and supervised several attorneys and other managers, within a public or private sector entity with a strong corporate transactional bias.
- Is highly detail-oriented and sharply analytical in addressing legal questions.
- Ability to conduct high-level negotiations and strategic interface locally and internationally, with proven success at obtaining satisfying results.
- Competency in planning, strategizing, directing, guiding and leading a qualified team of lawyers in executing legal assignments.
- Smart quality assurance of proposals, reports, and official correspondence.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and ICT skills.
- Must be a person of high moral character and of proven integrity.
How to Apply
If you qualify for the role above, please apply with your CV, Cover Letter, Referees (3) and contact details by 2nd July 2018 to:
The Search Consultant, Tracie Annan By email to: email@example.com:
by hand to: ShawbellConsulting Limited, 9, Klottey Crescent, Ring Road East, North Labone, Accra, Ghana.