Solidaridad West Africa Recruitment 2019 for Finance Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Solidaridad West Africa Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Solidaridad West Africa Recruitment 2019
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, soy and other commodities.
As one of the Regional Expertise Centres (REC) within Solidaridad’s international network, we are part of a growing global organization advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. SWA focuses on stimulating sustainable supply chains through introduction of innovations in good practices, robust infrastructure, sustainable landscapes management and enabling policy.
The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
Join us to make the change that matters!
The Solidaridad Ghana Country Program seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Finance Officer to be based in the Accra office.
The Finance Officer provides high-level financial and accounting support to operations. The position reports to the Finance Manager.
Monthly Management Accounts
- Capture monthly transactions and reconcile bank accounts and petty cash
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Prepare monthly management accounts
Programme and Project Finance
- Assist with programme and project budget development: record project expenditure acutely
- Reconcile travel and expense advances monthly
- Prepare monthly project budget controls and liaise with project managers
- Prepare project financial reports
- Assist in preparing for audit and liaising with auditors
- Assist in preparation of budgets
- Prepare payment requisitions from
- File and maintain all records of financial transactions and bank accounts in accordance with financial policies
- Maintain a sub- assets register of the office and for specific projects that are assigned
- Ensure that banking arrangements are adequate to support the operational activities and that all bank transactions conform to agreed procedures and are appropriately documented
Maintain accounting records and financial controls in accordance with organizational policy and donor requirements.
Required Skills or Experience
- A university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or other related fields
- Professional Qualification (ACCA, ICA etc)
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization (international organizations, consultancies, bilateral agencies etc.)
- Accounting background and computer literacy are must
- Knowledge of Tally accounting software
- Service orientation – providing support to programme/project team members
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within an international cross-departmental team
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience to fulfil this challenging and rewarding role, then kindly send your application with updated resume to vacancies.GH@solidaridadnetwork.org by the closing date February 25, 2019. Please indicate the position and location in the subject.
- Please visit our website: www.solidaridadnetwork.org
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted