Standard Bank and Trust Co Vacancies 2018, Relationship Manager, New Business
New Markets – Business Banking
- To hunt for and secure new high value commercial business opportunities by performing a proactive, mobile, value adding financial partnership role in the commercial market (SME and Commercial segments).
- To market a comprehensive range of customised business financial solutions, tailored to meet customer needs in terms of business growth and potential.
Profitable Growth in New Business Sales
• Proactively prospecting for and selling structured financial solutions to new to bank business customers in the Commercial and SME segments.
- Promoting, providing advice on, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customised to best meet the financial needs of high value commercial customers.
- Developing and implementing a calling schedule for business leads to establish financial needs and to assist potential new business clients to better understand their financial options
- Sourcing, developing, prospecting on and closing of sales leads from other divisions within the bank e.g. International Business Centre, Corporate Banking, Home Loans, Branches, SME Managers etc.
- Mining and analysing customer data to identify and plan new business banking opportunities.Customer Service Quality and Efficiency
• Providing a central advisory / information / query handling service point for new business customers before handover of the relationship.
- Performing a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service fulfilment and credit functions to get new business onto the books.
- Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates / documentation requirements for new business facilities.Lending Support and Risk Management
• Explaining and structuring / customising credit loan facility options, parameters and qualifying criteria.
- Supporting customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts
- Motivating and processing non-scored credit applications, including BAC.
- Notifying customers regarding the approval/ decline of credit loan facilities, which also entails, keeping the client au- fait or informed during the credit process.
- Exploring alternative solutions in the event of declines from Credit.Legislative compliance
• Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission
- Ensure proper record keeping
- Integrity and honesty.People Management
• Provide coaching to the Relationship Manager Assistant to ensure that work standards and quality work output targets are set, achieved and maintained.
- Assist in managing the performance contribution of support employees.
- Identifying strengths and development areas and ensuring that support employees receive the requisite learning and skills development interventions.Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Relevant business related tertiary qualification is a pre-requisite
- Post-graduate studies e.g. MBA is an advantage
- 3 – 5 years banking experience, with exposure to sales.
- Proven successful sales track record in the financial services industry.
- Experience in management of teams or sales teams
- Comprehensive credit/risk management experience
• A sound understanding of cash – flow cycles pertaining to the industry being analysed.
- A good knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data.
- Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- A good knowledge of the principles and practices of business economics and the current business economic environment.
- A good current knowledge and understanding of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on agriculture (if operating in an agricultural market).
- A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to business banking customers.
- A good knowledge of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
- Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
- A good knowledge of competitor offerings and structures.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, securities and balance sheet requirements.
- A working knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the commercial market and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
- Sound understanding of current taxation laws as they apply to the portfolio of customers.
- A sound working knowledge of Managing Local Market (MLM) sales principles and practices to manage and optimise portfolio retention and growth.
- Good working knowledge of technical portfolio management systems e.g. E3 to access, load and adjust information.
- Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ look up relevant information.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse evaluate and identify trends in complex consolidated financial statements, balance sheets and ratios.
How to Apply
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019