Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2018
Standard Chartered Bank Recruiting For Manager, Transactional Banking Sales
The successful applicant will support the Head of Securities Services to deliver high quality service to some of the most demanding clients. He/ she plays a key role in defining and overseeing the delivery of operational services for large financial institutions, including domestic custody relationships, broker-dealers, fund managers and insurance companies which expect best-in-class service and operational standards. The role requires the jobholder to collaborate between the business functions of Operations, Sales, Implementation & Client Management and Product Management as well as a variety of internal support functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal and Finance. The jobholder is expected to implement and comply with global and regional initiatives and to engage with other SS branches and regional SS management in a strongly collaborative manner.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides input in the development of the Securities Services strategy for local market in Ghana, in conformity with the broader global and regional strategy for securities services
• Identifies opportunities and threats to the business as a result of changes in the local market, including changes to market regulations and competitor activity
• Cultivates a collaborative, co-ordinated approach between SS functions, internal support and control functions and local senior management, especially within CIB (including FI Coverage). Represents SS perspective to local management and local management perspective to regional SS where necessary
• Engagement with key clients, especially premium clients, within the framework of the overall client management strategy and contact programme.
People and Talent
• Lead through example in building appropriate culture and values.
• Encourage through deeds and words a culture of openness and collaboration, especially within the functions providing securities services
• Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the SS business. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the SS business and how to manage them
• Ensure an understanding of risk management issues among the SS team
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Supportthe Ghana Securities Services teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• At least, First degree holder
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Capital Market / Sales / Corporate clients. Experience in servicing international businesses under the cross-border context is a plus
• Sound product knowledge on cash, Securities Services – Custody, and FX and strong understanding of local industries, market environment
• Knowledge of Capital Market operational procedures, documentation requirements, banking practices and regulations related to commercial banking
• Firm in all business guidelines and compliance issues
• Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Must have sound business acumen