The West African Power Pool Job Vacancy 2018 for Procurement Officer
Procurement officer is responsible for planning, managing and implementing procurement procedures and processes in the acquisition of goods, works and services of overall WAPP needs. He/She should manage the related activities in collaboration with WAPP Procurement Committee and in conformity with the provisions of WAPP Tender Code, Manual of Procurement procedures and donor’s procurement guidelines.
- Prepare and follow-up for approval procurement plans for WAPP Secretariat and WAPP projects financed by Donors
- Update regularly approved procurement plans
- Update periodically the Tender Code and Manual of Procurement procedures
- Plan, implement and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of goods, works, consulting and no consulting services for the WAPP Secretariat.
- Advise requisitioning units and recipient units on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle.
- Prepare and or review bidding documents and request for proposals documents,
- Prepare/oversee preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manage/conduct all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations in consultation with the WAPP Procurement Committee.
- Propose procurement guidance notes to Procurement Committee
- Establish and maintain work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Law or other related field.. Certification in procurement is desirable.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and administration in public sector, of which at least three years should be directly related to firsthand procurement and/or contracting experience at the international level.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of the challenges in public procurement and project development projetcs funded by donors.
- Familiar with International Financial Institutions procurement procedures (World Bank, EIB, AfDB, IBD, etc.°)
- Experience in an energy sector organization or energy projects a plus
- Demonstrated experience in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Strong oral and written communications skills with a proven ability to convey information clearly and concisely
- Ability to coordinate cross-departmental efforts to achieve common goals on time
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work load, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and attend to detail
- Demonstrated integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality
Fluent in English/ French and working knowledge of the other
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply through WAPP’s official website at email@example.com on or before the 20th April 2018 at 18.00 Benin time (GMT+1). Enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications will not be considered. Female candidates are encouraged.
Due to the large number of applications expected, only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process shall be contacted.