Tropo Farms Ltd Recruitment 2018 For Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator – Jobs in Ghana
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Tropo Farms Ltd Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Tropo Farms Ltd Recruitment 2018
Tropo Farms Ltd is seeking to recruit a Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator.
• Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
• Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach;
• Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
• Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with Company policies and safety requirements.
• Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
• Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working. Perform and contribute to the Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the Operation.
• Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected. Coordinate with Senior Management, Production and General Manager on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections. Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements;
• Assist with maintaining the Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
• Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process; supporting and providing relief for the environmental department.
• Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental protection agency and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
• Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
• Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety;
• Manage Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis.
• Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• In addition to the above responsibilities, you will carry out such other duties as the Company reasonably directs from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Educated to degree level or relevant experience in a field relevant to the job.
• Extensive knowledge of environmental issues in the context of Ghana’s regulatory framework and Environmental Protection.
• Familiarity with construction development and project management of construction projects
• Relevant knowledge and experience of safety and environmental issues and initiatives
Location: Accra & Volta Region
How to Apply For the Job
Please send your CV to:
Closing Date: 09 December 2018