Check Out: Lists of Universities Admission Forms in Ghana 2018/2019 (Updated Daily)
UDS Postgraduate Admission Form 2018/2019 is Out – [Regular/Sandwich] – The University for Development Studies, UDS has released the Admission Forms for various Postgraduate programmes (Sandwich and Regular) for the 2018/2019 academic year.
University for Development Studies Postgraduate Admission Form, UDS Sandwich Admission Form 2018, UDS Admission Portal 2018/2018, UDS Admission Application Closing Date 2018… Full Details Below…
Application forms for admission to graduate programmes in the Graduate School of the University for Development Studies (UDS) will be available online at www.uds.edu.gh from January 15, 2018 to May 31, 2018 for first and second-degree holders from recognised Universities/institutions.
The following graduate programmes (Sandwich and Regular) would be offered by the University for the 2018/2019 academic year:
A. SANDWICH PROGRAMMES
1. School of Business and Law (SBL)
(Note that Admissions would be made for Tamale, Wa and Techiman Centres for all the SBL programmes)
- Master of Commerce (Options: Banking and Finance, Accounting, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, and Human Resources Management )
- M.Sc. in Accounting
- MA in Management Studies
- MA in Leadership and Development
- MA in Business Planning and Microfinance Management
Students wishing to pursue thesis-based programmes in MSc. in Accounting and Master of Commerce are required to submit a short research proposal on the relevant field of study
2. Faculty of Integrated Development Studies
- M.Phil.in Development Studies
- MA in Social Administration
- MA in Environment and Resource Management
- MA in Development Economics
- MA in Peace and Development Studies
- MA in Development Communication
3. Faculty of Planning and Land Management
- M.Sc. in Development Management
- M.Sc. in Strategic Planning and Management
- MA in Community Development
4. Faculty of Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- MEd in Training and Development
- MEd. in Agriculture
- MA in Development Education
5. Institute for Interdisciplinary Research and Consultancy Services (IIRaCS)
- MA in Non-Governmental Organization Management and Rural Development
- MA Environmental Security And Livelihood Change
6. Faculty of Agriculture
- M.Phil. in Horticulture (options: Postharvest Physiology, Postharvest Technology, Olericulture, Pomology, Seed Technology, Landscape Design and Floriculture).
7. Faculty of Agribusiness and Communication Sciences
- M.Sc./M.Phil. in Agricultural Economics
8. Faculty of Mathematical Sciences
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Statistics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Data Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mathematics
B. FULL-TIME PROGRAMMES
9. Faculty of Agriculture
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Post Harvest Technology
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Soil &Water Conservation & Management
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Animal Science (Options: Meat Science, Nutrition, Breeding and Genetics, & Production)
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Biotechnology
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Crop Science (options: Agronomy, Crop Physiology, Crop Protection, Plant Pathology, & Weed Science)
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Horticulture (options: Postharvest Physiology, Postharvest Technology, Olericulture, Pomology, Seed Technology, Landscape Design and Floriculture).
10. Faculty of Agribusiness and Communication Sciences
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Innovation Communication
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics
11. Faculty of Natural Resources and Environment
- MSc. Fisheries
12. Faculty of Planning and Land Management
- M.Phil. in Development Management
13. Faculty of Integrated Development Studies
- M.Phil. in Development Studies
- M.Phil./Ph.D. in Social Administration
- M.Phil. in Environment and Resource Management
14. Faculty of Mathematical Sciences
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Applied Statistics
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Mathematics/Computational Mathematics
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Biometry
15. Faculty of Applied Sciences
- M.Sc./M.Phil./Ph.D. in Applied Chemistry
16. School of Allied Health Sciences
a. MSc./M.Phil. in Community Health and Development (Modular)
The MSc programme comprises 10 modules including (9 taught courses, dissertation and one module of field attachment). All the modules are compulsory and there is an examination at the end of each module. Field visits are also part of most of the taught modules.
A student may take all the modules continuously or break the modules to his/her convenience. He/she will then have to take the modules with another year group or when a re-take is being organized. When a student completes all the modules and has spent 4 months working on a dissertation of 20,000 words, he/she is awarded an MSc. The MPhil programme comprises 12 modules including field placement and graduate seminars and the student would spend 9 months working on a thesis of 37,500 words. An MSc. would last one year and MPhil two years when taken continuously.
The maximum duration allowable for students taking the modules intermittently either for M.Sc. or MPhil is three years. Where a student is unable to finish his/her studies by the end of the stipulated period, the student will have to apply for extension and register with the new fees.
b. MSc. Public Health Nutrition – Modular
c. M.Phil. in Public Health Nutrition – Modular
The MSc/MPhil Public Health Nutrition (PHN) programme aims to produce a cadre of practitioners and health professionals for teaching and research in academic institutions and for positions of professional leadership in health and health-related agencies where research is an important function. The MSc/MPhil. PHN graduates will be equipped to advocate better health through diet and nutrition, promote health and reduce the risk of diet-related diseases through educational and environmental approaches to improve nutrition and physical activity.
The MSc. programme covers 16 months duration whilst the MPhil takes two (2) academic years to complete.
17. School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)
a. Master of Public Health (MPH)
The MPH programme is full-time and takes two (2) academic years to complete.
UDS POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS – ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
General entry requirements
All applicants to our full-time and sandwich graduate programmes are required to pass a selection interview to be conducted by the relevant Department of the University.
Applicants applying for research related programmes (M.Sc. by research/M.Phil./MPH/Ph.D), should include a short research proposal.
The minimum requirements for admission are:
For PG.D./M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil . programmes:
- Applicants must possess a good Bachelor’s degree in a related field from any approved / recognized University or Institution.
- Applicants with aSecond Class (Lower division)are eligible to apply. Candidates with Third Class or Pass are strongly advised not to apply.
For PhD programmes:
- An MPhil./MSc. Degree by research from any approved/recognized University or Institution.
UDS POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION – MODE OF APPLICATION
All Ghanaian and foreign applicants for the 2018/2019 academic year admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
i. Make a payment of GHS 200.00 (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis) in the case of Ghanaian applicants, and USD 150.00 (One Hundred and fifty United States Dollars), for Foreign applicants, for the UDS E-Voucher at any Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), and Ecobank branches throughout the country.
ii. The E-Voucher contains the Pin, and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
iii. Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal soon after payment.
iv. In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their passport size photographs and certificates
v. A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED
vi. Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can only be viewed, but cannot be edited.
vii. Applicants must print out three copies of the application summary; attach results slips , certificates and all other relevant documents to each form. Three reference letters are also required (at least, two of the referees should be familiar with applicants’ academic work).
viii. Candidates are strongly advised to visit any EMS Office in the Country for assistance towards the return of the application documents (see vii). Applicants are advised not to post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS.
ix. The application documents as specified in (vii) above should be addressed to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar
(Academic & Student Affairs)
University for Development Studies
P.O Box TL 1350
Closing date for applications is May 31, 2018. Candidates should note that no applications will be accepted after this date (May 31, 2018).
For further enquiries, contact UDS Graduate School by email: email@example.com, or Academic Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding UDS Postgraduate Admission Form 2018/2019 is Out – [Regular/Sandwich], Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.