UEW 1st Semester Registration Guidelines – 2018/2019… The University of Winneba, UEW First Semester Registration Procedures and Schedule has been released for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Following the UEW 1st Semester Academic Calendar 2018/2019 – The management of the University of Winneba (UEW) has released the 1st Semester Registration Procedures for Fresh and Continuing Students for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Schoolgh has published the UEW 1st Semester Registration Guidelines – 2018/2019 below as released on UEW official website.
UEW 1st Semester Registration Guidelines
In connection with the online registration of courses for the First Semester of the 2018/2019 Academic Year, students are kindly advised to take note of the following guidelines:
- The 2018/2019 1st Semester Registration exercise would be a Self-Registration Exercise.
- The Online Registration Portal would be activated prior to students reporting to campus and students would be required to register on their own before reporting to campus.
- Registration would commence on Wednesday, 22nd August, 2018 and end on the Sunday, 9th September, 2018 for both Freshers and Continuing students.
- Instructional videos, brochures and manuals have been loaded online to aid students especially freshers in the process of registration (Please follow the links provided on the University Website)
- Freshers who are unable to register on their own should wait and attend orientation from the 3rd – 7th September, 2018 where there will be a session on procedures for online registration of courses.
- Students are mandated to follow judiciously the specified rules and regulations.
- Note that late registration attracts a fine of GH₵20.00 a day and this will take effect from Monday, 10th September, 2018.
- Students should take note of and adhere to registration deadlines as fines will be applied to defaulting students.
- Students will need to access their Student Information Portal (SIP) to complete the semester registration.
- Students are advised to contact their Departmental Administrators for assistance in resetting their accounts, if they are unable to gain access to their portal.
- Students are required to pay the requisite fees as stipulated in the Fees Schedule before they can register. The Fee schedule can be found on the University’s website.
- If for any reason you are unable to pay your fees in full, please contact the Student Support Services Office of the Finance Section on your various campuses for assistance. Likewise, for any fee-related issues.
- Course lists for various Programmes and levels will be made available on the University Website for the attention of students by the 22nd of August, 2018. You are required to visit this page before you start the registration process.
- Pay attention to the Course Code, Course Title and Credit Hours when registering.
- For Elective or Optional courses, you are to select courses as applicable.
- Note that Liberal/African studies courses have a quota and are registered on a first come, first served basis.
- Courses need to be confirmed for the data to be available in students and lecturers’ portals.
- You are required to Print out a copy of your registration slip after confirmation and present it to your department for endorsement. Note that Registration printouts cannot be printed after the registration deadline.
- Students who are returning from deferrals should first report along with a copy of their deferral approval letters to the Student Records Office (SRO) at Academic Affairs Division for their records to be updated.
- Any student who has a registration-related challenge should do well to lodge a complain at the Enquiries Desk at the Division of Academic Affairs on their various campuses as proof of this would be required for resolution of registration-related challenges after the deadline for registration.
- The link for the Student Information Portal is http://sip.uew.edu.gh.