Table of Contents
United Nations Regional Course in International Law Programme for African Scholars 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for United Nations Regional Course in International Law Programme 2019…Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
United Nations Regional Course in International Law Programme 2019
- Offered annually? Yes
- Type: Short course, Fellowship
- Number of Awardees: The course will accommodate up to 30 participants.
- Award Provider: United Nations
- Eligible Countries: African countries (see list below)
- To be taken at (country): Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Fields of Study: The Regional Courses may include seminars on the following topics: Introduction to international law, Treaty law, State responsibility, International peace and security, Peaceful settlement of international disputes, Diplomatic and consular law, International organizations, United Nations institutions and law making, The Work of the International Law Commission, African Union law and institutions, Organization of American States law and institutions, International human rights law, Movements of persons, International humanitarian law, International criminal law, International environmental law, International watercourses, Law of the sea, International trade law, International investment law, Legal research, Legal drafting
Programme Description: The 2018 United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Africa will be organized by the Codification Division of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs in cooperation with Ethiopia, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and the African Union. The Regional Course will be conducted in English.
The Regional Courses provide high-quality training by leading scholars and practitioners on a broad range of core subjects of international law, as well as specific subjects of particular interest to the countries in a given region. In addition, the interactive nature of the training allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on legal matters in the region.
The Regional Courses are intended to enable qualified professionals, in particular government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries with emerging economies, to deepen their knowledge of international law and of the legal work of the United Nations and its associated bodies.
Eligibility: To qualify for the Regional Course, candidates
- must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- are required to submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entire course period.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is also required.
Selection Criteria: When selecting participants for the Regional Courses:
- due consideration is given to the candidates’ qualifications, to the scope of their professional duties, to the relevance of the training to their professional duties and to gender balance.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Due consideration is also given to those candidates who are already present in Addis Ababa.
Value of Programme: The fellowships cover the fellowship recipient’s travel in economy class, accommodation, meals, medical insurance, participation in the Regional Course and the training materials. In accordance with the policies and procedures governing the administration of United Nations fellowships, participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
Qualified candidates may also apply for self-funded positions. Self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation (travel, accommodation and living expenses). Training materials and lunches during the weekdays are provided to all participants.
Duration of Programme: The Regional Course will be held at the facilities of the ECA in Addis Ababa, from11 February to 8 March 2019.
Eligible countries: The Regional Course is open to candidates from the following countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Application Form – How to Apply: Download and fill the Application Form at the right-hand corner
Application Deadline: 22nd October 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of United Nations Regional Course in International Law Programme for African Scholars 2019 for more information.
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More
- Collection of Best Laptops in Ghana 2018: Prices, Specs, Jumia Ghana & More