University of Copenhagen TALENT PhD Fellowships for International Researchers 2018 – Denmark
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Research For University of Copenhagen TALENT PhD Fellowships for International Researchers 2018 – Denmark… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
University of Copenhagen TALENT PhD Fellowships 2018
The Doctoral Programme TALENT is offering 28 PhD scholarships in the below-mentioned 16 areas, commencing 1 January 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Duration of Programme: 36 months
- Application Deadline: 1st October 2018, 23:59 GMT +2.
- Eligible Countries: International
- Type: Ph.D., Fellowship
- To Be Taken At (Country): Denmark
- Number of Awards: 28
Programme Description: The TALENT programme offers 74 PhD fellowships (in total) of 36 months each, attractive employment conditions at one of the 12 departments at SCIENCE and enrolment as a PhD student at the PhD School at SCIENCE.
TALENT is a unique programme by requesting, as part of the application procedure, the applicants to devise their own interdisciplinary PhD project within one of the above-mentioned 16 programme areas/panels and to indicate the department, which they find most suitable to host their project, and the names of the main supervisor and co-supervisors. In other words, TALENT is a bottom-up the programme, which thereby focuses on the research interests of the PhD students.
If employed, an individual Career Development Plan will be made for the TALENT PhD students, outlining scientific as well as transferable courses, international research visits/secondments, mentoring and other career-enhancing activities. The Career Development plan is a central element in ensuring the right training and progress throughout the PhD project.
Award Providers: Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 801199.
Fields of Research: The 28 PhD fellowships are in the following fields:
Biodiversity; biological sciences and bioinformatics; chemical sciences; computer sciences; earth and planetary systems sciences; envirionment, climate and sustainability; food sciences; health and genomics; mathematical sciences, statistics & economics; nano and materials sciences; natural science education; nutrition and sports; particle physics, astro physics and cosmology; plant sciences and biotechnology; quantum sciences and technology; ressource economics and global development.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the TALENT Doctoral Programme, applicants:
- May not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to TALENT’s call deadline: 1 October 2018. Time spent on obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Must at the TALENT call deadline (1 October 2018) be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and must not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Must hold a relevant MSc degree at the time of applying. However, candidates, who do not hold an MSc degree, are also considered eligible if their credentials and CV equal those achieved on an MSc. This could be in the form of five years of full-time undergraduate and postgraduate education OR four years of full-time undergraduate education combined with relevant courses, fieldwork, scientific publications or conducted research (these aspects must be documented by uploading additional documents as part of the CV). The background is that applicants awarded a TALENT doctoral fellowship must be enrolled in the 180 ECTS/three year PhD programme at SCIENCE. To this end, the entry requirements as defined by SCIENCE’s PhD School have to be respected.
- Eligibility and admissibility checks
- Pre-selection at the department level (internal review incl. online interviews)
- Expert/international review (done remotely)
- Final selection of candidates.
- Excellence (weight: 50%) of which the scientific and innovative quality of the proposal (weight: 25%) and the applicant (weight: 25%)
- Impact (weight: 30%)
- Implementation (weight: 20%)
Value of Award: TALENT is an international and interdisciplinary PhD programme, which offers young researchers the chance to become part of a cohort of exceptionally talented PhD students with the opportunity to cultivate their research talent. To this end, we offer:
- Access to international and intersectoral collaborations and networking with a range of industrial organisations: the Confederation of Danish Industry, the Confederation of Danish Enterprise, the Danish Agriculture and Food Council, Copenhagen Science City, DIKU Business Club.
- Access to excellent research environments and infrastructures with world leading research groups.
- Access to an extensive training and career mentoring programme with scientific training supplemented by tailor made courses in a range of academic and transferrable skills.
- Employment under world leading working environments as all fellowships are funded fully in line with Danish employment conditions.
Application Form – How to Apply:
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking Here
- Cover/motivation letter
- Project description incl. ethics assessment form
- Prioritized CV incl. publications
- Declaration of mobility
- Documentation of academic degrees obtained: diplomas must be in English or an officially approved translation must be included.
- Copy of English test score sheet at the time of applying (for applicants with English as their second language).
- Two recommendation letters (max. 1 page of 2,500 characters each): one should be from the master thesis supervisor (if applicable), or other senior scientist that the applicant has worked closely with.
Mandatory templates for items 1-4 are available for download on the Programme Webpage (link below)
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Study in Canada: University of Copenhagen TALENT PhD Fellowships for International Researchers 2018 – Denmark for more information