University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2019/2020 for International Students
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2019/2020… Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2019/2020
The Faculty of Science, in collaboration with several sponsors, has established an Excellence Fellowship Program to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
- Offered Annually? Yes
- Type: Masters
- Number of Awardees: Not specified
- Value of Scholarship: CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties)
- Eligible Countries: International
- To Study at (Country): Switzerland
- Field of Study: Studies in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty of Science.
About the Award: The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva is an internationally top-ranked scientific institution covering a broad range of scientific disciplines: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Physics.
It has a strong focus on research and hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Science Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) and many European collaborative research projects. The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal entry for high-level professional and academic careers.
- Application for an Excellence Fellowship is open to students from any university with very good performance in their studies (belonging to the best 10% of their bachelor’s program) and that have completed the Bachelor degree or expect to complete it within 6 months.
- Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence.
- Evaluation will be made on the basis of the documentation sent by the applicants.
- French proficiency is not a formal requirement for the Masters of the Faculty of science.
Duration of Scholarship: one year. The scholarship can be extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
Application Form – How to Apply:
The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A scan of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, the mail of the central administration named “accuse-reception de votre demande d’immatriculation” (proof you have started the matriculation process).
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to ) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language tests.
The application is made online. After registering, you will receive an e-mail containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form.
15th March 2019 (for Masters starting September 16, 2019).
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2019/2020 for International Students for PhD Scholars in African Countries for more information.