University of Ghana Vacancy 2018 for Administrative Position Director, Academic Affairs
The University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position of Director, Academic Affairs, to take effect from 1st August, 2018.
POSITION: Director, Academic Affairs
REPORTING TO: Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs)
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Under the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs), the Director of Academic Affairs shall be responsible for the implementation of the academic policy of the University.
- The Director of Academic Affairs shall be responsible for:
- the preparation and implementation of teaching and examination schedules;
- the processing of admission applications including advertisements for such applications;
- the allocation of lecture rooms and examination centres as well as other logistical matters relating to the academic agenda of the University;
- making physical arrangements for all academic functions of the University;
- the maintenance of academic facilities and the supervision of maintenance employees;
- the preparation and issuance of statements of examination results, transcripts and certificates;
- the preparation and publication of academic materials, including the Handbook of Regulations for Courses of Study for Junior Members, in consultation with the Legal Counsel and the Director of Public Affairs; and
- the discharge of any other assignments that the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs) shall deem necessary.
- The Director of Academic Affairs shall be responsible for coordinating the dealings of the University with all affiliated institutions.
- Must have a good first degree as well as an advanced Degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional qualification, with not less than 15 years’ experience at senior management level in an institution of higher education.
- The candidate should have proven leadership and administrative abilities demonstrated by substantial and relevant working experience; evidence of ability to coordinate work of units, sections or teams; ability to initiate policies; and ability to mentor. Must have at least 6 years working experience at decision making level
- In addition, the applicant must have:
- Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level University management and administration;
- High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
The person appointed Director of Academic Affairs shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG25, Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hard copy); or email@example.com (Soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates.
- A statement of up to 5-pages indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Friday, 13th April, 2018.